+ Reply to Thread

Thread: small unicel cartridges

Default small unicel cartridges

I'm looking for the "better" cartridges suggested for the intex pools and the ones linked to on this site are both larger than the cartridge size on my filter - they are either 8 or 10 inches and mine are around 4-5 in. Does anyone know if this is correct?

[ admin - link to incorrect cartridge removed ]

These are the unicel ones, but I'm not sure if it would fit because it has a cone on the end cap, which the cheap-o-ones my filter came with do not have. I thought I would check here before I purchased. Thanks!

Default Re: small unicel cartridges

Do you have the intex size "D" filters? I do not believe that Unicel or Filbur have ones in those sizes (I've been looking for them for my SIL who also uses the size D filters)
    16' round 5K gal Intex AG vinyl pool; 8.25% bleach; Unicel & Filbur cartridges; Intex Krystal 635T pump; 8hrs; Taylor K2006; utility & well water; summer: none; winter: take down; android phone; PF:24

Ah, yes that is what we have. I guess we'll stick to the intex ones.

Check again for Filbur and Unicel.

I just checked (heaven forbid!) the Pleatco site, and they seem to have a cross reference to Unicel C-4313, and Filbur FC-3753.

Check your filter size (measurements). Are they 4-1/4" diameter, 3-3/4 long, 2-1/16 top and bottom holes?
    15' round 4.8K gal Intex AG pool; Intex 633 pump with twin canisters (2500 gph main filtering); Unicel 5315 filter cartridges; Intex 637 pump w/o filter (1000 gph heater circulation); 4hrs; K-2006; utility water; PF:24

Why didn't I think of that, lol! Thanks Charlie_R!

bellini - I checked on Amazon, and all 3 of the products listed as the Unicel c-4313 are pleatco's or another substitution. It does look as though Amazon sells the Filbur FC-3753 (2pk for $15.35 - although the picture doesn't look like a Filbur, the description says it is a genuine Filbur). The other one for Filbur says it is sold externally through Filters Fast (2pk for $9.97 + $5.97 shipping) and on their website they say they are genuine Filburs as well.

I'll pass the info on to my SIL so she can order some for her pool, best of luck to you on your pool as well!
    16' round 5K gal Intex AG vinyl pool; 8.25% bleach; Unicel & Filbur cartridges; Intex Krystal 635T pump; 8hrs; Taylor K2006; utility & well water; summer: none; winter: take down; android phone; PF:24

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Got 'em - thanks!

+ Reply to Thread