+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 16X48 intex ultra frame

Default 16X48 intex ultra frame

Hi
    Just set up my pool and added water to it. Now it is time for chemicals. I am not sure what chemicals to add to the pool and which ones are save for the intex pools. Are the liners the same as a standard above ground pool? I bought test strips and a chlorine floater. I tried a test strip and it seemed that everything was in the normal except chlorine. I havent added or bought any chemicals yet. Do i use shock for this pool? Sorry for the stupid questions but never had a pool before and dont want to mess up on the chemicals
    thanks
    Mike

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: 16X48 intex ultra frame

This is the easiest starting place for small pools that have just been filled:
    Super-simple-pool-chemistry-recipe-for-Intex-type-pools-start-up-amp-routine-care.

But, till you get some other chemicals, add 1/2 gallon of plain household bleach each evening. That will keep your pool from becoming a very-hard-to-clean swamp.

thanks i believe a 16X48 is alittle over 5000 gallons. like 5061 or something like that... is it better to use the 3500-5000 or 5000-7000 measurement

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

(16/2)^2 * 3.14 * 3.25 * 7.48 gal/cft = ~4,885 gallons

=> use 5,000 gallons or a PF of 24 (1 lb of chlorine gas adds 24 ppm chlorine; 1lb of cyanuric acid adds 24 ppm CYA)

Quote Originally Posted by PoolDoc View Post
    This is the easiest starting place for small pools that have just been filled:
    Super-simple-pool-chemistry-recipe-for-Intex-type-pools-start-up-amp-routine-care.

But, till you get some other chemicals, add 1/2 gallon of plain household bleach each evening. That will keep your pool from becoming a very-hard-to-clean swamp.
    I have the same pool as you 16X48 Intex Ultra Frame. I used the method above and everything has been going great. The important thing I learned is these cheap filters need to be cleaned at least 3X per week maybe more depending on use. My pool was up for 4 days and I noticed the exit valve or whatever you call it when the water comes out of the filter was not very strong. I took the filter out and cleaned it. It then started working better. The pool also got a little cloudy when the filter was dirty.
    5.8k gal 16' x 48" Intex Ultra, Krystal Clear 1500GPH Pump. PF=21

+ Reply to Thread