+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jauzzi pump : can't reconnect the motor to the pump, itis leaking badly.

Unhappy Jauzzi pump : can't reconnect the motor to the pump, itis leaking badly.

Since I cant use the search option, I will post my problem.
    I had to repair the connection inside the pump , it had a short in it.
    Now I am trying to reconnect the motor to the pump, and it is always leaking bad.
    I took the pump and the motor outside the pool house, and I am trying to figure out the problem.
    As soon as I put water in the pump it's coming out at the black plastic ring.
    What is the problem.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Jauzzi pump : can't reconnect the motor to the pump, itis leaking badly.

I've updated your membership, and moved your question to the right section, but . . . .

PoolForum is definitely the best place to ask chemical questions, but is not always the best to ask specific equipment questions. Very few of our members are in the pool business, but it's likely only someone who has done a lot of pool service can answer your question well. (I can't help, because I've never worked on a Jacuzzi brand pump.)

PoolSpaForum.com does have a lot of pool industry members, which means their pool chemical advice can be pretty dodgy, but you may be able to find someone there who knows that pump, and can talk you through the problem.

Regardless, posting exact pump model info would help.

Default Re: Jauzzi pump : can't reconnect the motor to the pump, itis leaking badly.

A friend, who is a pool repairman, will come and check it tomorrow, he think it is a seal that needs to be changed.
    I will update later , Thanks.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Good luck!

The problem was the O ring had fallen behind the motor pump when I took it apart and it was missing when I was reassembling the motor to the pump. My stupidity.

But when I went to the diagram on the Jacuzzi site, they don't show this O ring.

Anyway, everything is working fine now and my friend did not want to charge me, but I will bring him a case of beer for his trouble. lol

Thank you Pooldoc for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by andrec999 View Post
    The problem was the O ring had fallen behind the motor pump when I took it apart and it was missing when I was reassembling the motor to the pump. My stupidity.
    We won't talk about the things I've done like that. And, especially not the time I turned a 250,000 gallon pool purple, trying some new chemistry. Nope, not talking about that. It's been long enough that most of the people in that little town have probably forgotten.

+ Reply to Thread