Thread: New user How to convert to the BBB method?

Default New user How to convert to the BBB method?

How do you convert from using all the chemicals to the BBB method. My water is driving me nuts these last 2 years. Has a mint green tint to it ,clear to see the bottom,but I can not get it to crystal clear like I have in the past.

18x32
    3.5 ft deep flat bottom
    11,800 gals
    Havard DE Filter 1. 5 HP
    Filter 12 hrs a day

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: New user How to convert to the BBB method?

Get a good test kit (Taylor K-2006 or 2006C from link in my signature below), test, post some numbers. Also tell us what all you have put in the pool, meaning ingredients and not just product names or 'shock.' Tell us what your source of fill water is. Also, tell us if it is an inground or AG pool and liner or gunite.

Then, somebody here can help you get started.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

I opened my Pool May 15 2013. I live in Michigan. I refilled the pool with well water as I always do. I ran the filter for 24 hrs and then I put A quart Of HTH Metal Control the pool and ran it for another 24 hrs. I then put 4 bags of Proteam Powermagic AC Superoxidizer. I ran the filter for 36 hrs. I then put a quart of Proteam Prevent Algae control and ran the pool 12 hrs. Water is cloudy and has a light green color to it. I ran the filter at 12hrs for 7 days. I use Proteam 3" Chlorine pucks in an autofeeder. Setting was on three.Test water at pool store,they say shock with 4 bags of SuperOxidizer. Did so ,ran filter 36 hrs straight. Water is clear, but still has the light green color to it.

Power magicSuperoxidizer..Calcium Hypochlorite 47.6%,Sodium tetraborate pentahydrate 20% Other ingredients 32.4%..Prevent dimethyl benzy ammonium chloride 50% other ing 50% HTH Metal Control hydroxyethylidene diphosphonic acid. I also put in 16 oz of Bleach 4 days ago. Ingroud pool with a vinyl liner.

whats your chlorine level at? do you know what your CYA (stabilizer) level is? your PH level? your alkalinity? without know ing the numbers it is hard to tell you what you need to do fix your pool. also if it is cloudy your filter should be running non stop. shocking is a process not a thing. once you find your cya (stabilizer) level look in watermoms signature, and use "bens guess chart" to bring your chlorine to that level, and KEEP it at the shock level until your pool is clear. the best chlorine is bleach, or liquid chlorine the powders, pucks, tabs, sticks add stuff you dont want or need in your pool. Every year when I open my pool it goes green, but once I go through the shock process - YES just chlorine within 2-3 days my pool is clean, and 4-5 days it is sparkly clear. I havn't brought a sample into a pool store in a long time, and I havn't purchased any product from them (other than liquid chlorine cheapest place in my area). once you levels are balanced maintanence is REALLY simple. at the beginning of the BBB method you'll find yourself testing alot.. but once you get the feel for it, it is easy to do. and ALOT more cost effective than listening to the store.

Forgot these Numbers... Sorry. Total Alkalinity 160..Total Chlorine 0..Total hardness 400..PH Test 7.5,, Cyanuric acid 40
    Water is Key lime pie green