+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advise for pool vacuum for small easy set pool please

Question Advise for pool vacuum for small easy set pool please

Does anyone recommend any inexpensive pool vacuum that actually works that will cost less than my pool? I see there are many cheap vacuums out there that attach to a garden hose but from what I can tell they do not work very well at all. Right now I leaning towards the Swimsafe Supa-Vac Maintenance Kit? Does it work? Do I really have to vacuum my little pool?

Default Re: Inexpensive pool vacuum?

Bump

Anyone?

Last edited by PoolDoc; 04-03-2014 at 10:30 AM.

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...aster-Pool-Max

Here's a thread pertaining to a vacuum I bought last year. It cost's approx $70 I think. It's been a whole year and my memory isn't so great so that price might not be right on but it is in the ball park. PoolDoc has provided the links for the various ones that Water Tech sells. I personally got the "Broom" and was very happy with it all year. It was a bit hard to turn on and off but well worth the fast and efficient job it does compared to the garden hose method of madness. Hope it helps.

*I got curious so I used the link to Amazon and found them ranging from $30 to $70. Here's one for an example:
    WaterTech BROOM Blaster
    Last edited by Orca; 06-28-2014 at 05:11 PM. Reason: fix links
    15' x 48" round 4.4K gal Intex AG pool; Unicel Type C-5315 cartridge filter; Intex 633T pump; (24/7) Taylor 2006 kit; utility water; summer: ; winter: ; iPhone; PF:27

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Thanks Redwing. Decisions, decisions.

My SIL has the same size pool as yours and this is the method we came up with for her ... run filter over night having the return point in the direction to make the water circulate in a whirlpool fashion. In the morning all the grass, hair, leaves etc have accumulated in a pile in the middle... she uses a shop vac to remove the pile of debris in the middle of the pool (or a skimmer net if she isn't trying to pick up a bunch of sand) If you move quickly with the shop vac, you'll only remove a couple of gallons of water.

I have a 16'x48" Intex, and what I did was purchase a $12 vacuum head from Amazon, I found a pool vacuum hose at a garage sale for $5 (they have some for about $18 at my Ace HaRdware) and I plug the vacuum hose into the filter intake inside the pool and vacuum the bottom that way. It works well, but you do have to clean out the intake (all of the small leaves etc will collect there) and then also clean your filter cartridge after vacuuming.

There is this handy little adapter sold at Ace Hardware for only $1.99 (shows at $2.49 online) that will allow you to use regular sized pool equipment on our funny sized Intex intakes etc. http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...719925.1260313.
    16' round 5K gal Intex AG vinyl pool; 8.25% bleach; Unicel & Filbur cartridges; Intex Krystal 635T pump; 8hrs; Taylor K2006; utility & well water; summer: none; winter: take down; android phone; PF:24

I think I will give the shop vac a try for now. I was leaning towards the Swimsafe Supa-Vac because besides using it in the pool I could also have used it to empty the fountain I have on the deck which is difficult to completely empty. But I just never thought about using my shop vac which is a 16 gallon one that should work. And I have a 25' hose for it.
    Cool. Thanks 7sanders.

+ Reply to Thread