+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 x 30 Intex Pool - how do i care for it???

Default 10 x 30 Intex Pool - how do i care for it???

I just purchased a 10 x 30" Intex Pool with filter. I don't even know where to start with the chem's... I read an earlier post telling a guy to put bleach in his so I did do that.... I need someone to help me with Pool care 101. My husband picked up some test strips and before we put in 3 cups of bleach, the chlorine was 0, the PH is 8, the alkalinity is 180+ and the CYA is 150 plus... Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: 10 x 30 Intex Pool - how do i care for it???

I don't usually have this happen, but the answer I just posted also applies directly to you:

I'm out the door, so I can't respond at length, but the stickied posts in this section [ http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/forumdisplay.php?175 ] will help, especially this one:

Super Simple Pool Chemistry Recipe - http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?17055
    Good luck!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: 10 x 30 Intex Pool - how do i care for it???

What all products have you put in your pool -- meaning ingredients and not just 'shock.' The thing I am curious about is how a newly filled pool could possibly have a CYA reading of 150. I have a feeling that is totally a bogus reading. In case you haven't yet read, we do not trust test strips. You need to get a good kit. The Taylor K-2006 or 2006C from the test kit link in Ben's signature above. Do yourself a favor and go ahead and order one so you will get it asap. That one purchase will make your pool care so much easier.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

+ Reply to Thread