+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Air Bubbles

Default Air Bubbles

I'm noticing some air bubbles coming out of return jets and am not sure whether this is an issue to be concerned with or not. Can somebody direct me about what tests I should do to try and isolate the problem or tell me if it warrants further research? The water level does not appear to be falling and pool water looks great. Water balance is also great, via Taylor test kit. I've already removed and lubed o-ring under glass lid in pump. I bleed off air from filter every day, which only takes a second. No obvious leaks in piping around pump or filter, except a tiny drip coming out of filter drain plug. I have a new o-ring for that plug I'm waiting to install as soon as I can get husband to remove it and then do a backwash. We've been enduring a lot of rain and I have excess water in pool right now. Final note, an end connector on 4-way ball valve just had to be replaced because it was cracked. No longer leaking but when it was, the air in filter took much longer to bleed off every day while I was waiting for the part. Could there be residual air in the system?
    16'x36' rectangle 21K gal IG vinyl pool; Trichlor feeder; Hayward DE 4820 DE filter; Pentair Superflo VS pump; 12-14 hourshrs; Taylor K-2006; delivered via truck; summer: solar; winter: mesh; ; PF:4.8

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Air Bubbles

I spent awhile working on this sticky today:

Suction Side Problems: Air Leaks, Bubbles in Returns, Pump Won't Prime, etc.

1. Should you hunt for the source of the bubbles?
    Up to you. If it's not causing a problem, I wouldn't.

2. Could it be the new connector?
    Any time you change something in your system, and then notice a problem, you should look at the change you made as a possible problem source. Is the connector on the suction side? If so, it may be misaligned, mis-installed, or just not tight.

3. Could there be residual air in the system?
    Almost by definition, if you have to bleed your filter a lot, there's residual air in the system.

4. What can I do?
    Read through the threads, listed on the page linked above, to get some ideas.

Default Re: Air Bubbles

Thanks PoolDoc.....I will not worry about it as it's not a lot of bubbles and nothing seems wrong otherwise. The bubbles were there before the new connector so I can rule that out. I will read through your sticky....did search "air bubbles" in the forum and read as many of those as I could find but maybe your sticky has info I haven't seen before. In any event, I can go to bed tonight not worried. Thanks.
    16'x36' rectangle 21K gal IG vinyl pool; Trichlor feeder; Hayward DE 4820 DE filter; Pentair Superflo VS pump; 12-14 hourshrs; Taylor K-2006; delivered via truck; summer: solar; winter: mesh; ; PF:4.8

+ Reply to Thread