New pool owner with a few questions. Been a lurker on this site for a month or so. Ive gotten a lot good info here. With the info I've found here, our pool has been crystal clear thus far.

I have a 21k gallon, 16 x 32 Vinyl IG pool with a sand filter.

Question 1: What is the fastest way to get rid of springtails. Whenever we get rain with high winds, the pool gets filled with springtails. I think they are coming from trees that are near the pool. After a previous storm, they were in the pool for almost a week. I brushed, skimmed, brushed, skimmed, skimmed some more, chlorinated and eventually they were gone. Well,today we just had rain event with very high winds, and they're back in the pool. I actually watched the pool fill up with them as it rained. Is there a quick way to get rid of these things? We're expecting 90+ degrees for the next week, and I really don't want these things keeping my pool from being used.

Question 2: The wife made the mistake placing our floating chlorinator on our pool steps. It sat on one of the steps for a day and now we have a yellow stain where it was sitting. Any suggestion on how to get this stain removed?

Thanks!