+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you attach universal vacuum hose to 16" sand filter pump?

Default How do you attach universal vacuum hose to 16" sand filter pump?

I have a 22' Intex ultra frame pool. I upgraded to a 16" sand filter combined with a saltwater system. The pool came with a vacuum head for the skimmer pole, but no hose. I purchased a vacuum hose - HTH Universal. The problem is, I have no idea how to attach it to the filter. It may be obvious, but I'm just not seeing anywhere that the hose will fit. I have attempted to search the internet and forum for this answer, but I'm not finding anything specific. Do I need a connector? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The clean, clear water is not so pretty with sediment on the pool floor.

Default Re: How to attach universal vacuum hose to 16" sand filter pump

Sorry, forgot to give information on the sand filter. It is an Intex 2650 GPH Saltwater System & Sand Filter Pump Set.

I also just realized that the title makes it look more like a how-to rather than a question. I will get the hang of this eventually. Sorry to any who read it hoping they found an answer to the same question.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Does your pool have a skimmer? How is it connected?
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

No skimmer. It is connected by the "through-the-wall" type traditional for intex pools. My husband actually was able to create some type of home made fitting with pieces from the hardware store that threads onto the outlet piece and the vacuum hose fits into. We tried it out and so far, so good! We were hoping to avoid trial and error, but fortunately he got it right on the first try!

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Hi cport15!
    Your problem is actually familiar to me as my first pool was a 15' Intex Donut with the same problem. I solved it by using a 3/4" PVC connector (called a "Double Female"--sorry, that's what it's called) that stuffed into the vacuum hose and into the side-wall drain. It was a perfect fit and would get the finer stuff that they Black Magic garden-hose jet system couldn't catch--the bag isn't fine enough.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread