Thread: New splash-around vinyl pool now stained from pristine blue

Default New splash-around vinyl pool now stained from pristine blue

Hello- I finally got my very first pool and within the first week it was stained green from algae and pristine blue that was recommended by the pool store. I am so frustrated. Am now on week 3 1/2 and was able to get part of the green staining off the sides from lots of scrubbing, shocking, and algaecide and stopping pristine blue and switching to chlorine and aggressively monitoring all my ph and parameters. The final stains I'm having trouble removing. They seem to be etched in- green- any where the water touched won't budge. I'm thinking it's probably copper staining. Would I have any luck with using the Jack's magic vinyl blue stuff? I'm so frustrated. It's been my dream forever to have a pool- finally got one and ruined on the first week.....

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: New splash-around vinyl pool now stained from pristine blue

Sorry to hear about your problems with your new pool. I'd be totally bummed, too.

Go to www.poolsolutions.com and use the search line to do a search for "removing copper stains." Until your registration is complete, you'll have to log out first in order to be able to see the search results.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!
    Last edited by Watermom; 06-06-2013 at 09:23 AM.