Thread: Pool Frog

Default Pool Frog

Is it easy to change to the BBB method after I run out of the Bac Pacs that came with my new pool. Its a 24' round AG pool. Can the Frog unit be used or is it just a pass through?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Pool Frog

Yes! How long have you been using the Frog system? The Frog adds copper to your pool and you do NOT want copper in the pool. Contrary to popular belief, it is not chlorine that turns blonde hair green, it is copper. So, don't use them. Get a good kit (Taylor K-2006 or 2006C) from the link in my signature. In the meantime, pick up a cheap OTO kit (red and yellow drops). Just use plain, unscented household bleach for your chlorine.

Do a lot of reading here on the forum, especially the stickies at the top of each sub-forum. Also, read at our sister website www.poolsolutions.com. Then, come back here with specific questions that you have and someone here will try and help.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

Default Re: Pool Frog

It has been up and running for 2 weeks now. I've been doing research on chemical prices when I ran across your Forum. I have found references that I can use the Frog unit with 3" Trichlor Tablets inside and that the flow controller can be used to set the chlorine. Is this true? Yes I have a Taylor kit on order. I use a cheap OTO Wal-Mart test kit for now and the strips. So I should pull out the mineral pac now and run it with the bleach and Bac Pacs till they are used up?