+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Intex Pool owner...

Default New Intex Pool owner...

Recently purchased 10' x 3" Intex Metal Frame Pool. We have two 4 year olds and this is perfect for them and good enough for us.

However, I struggled with vacuuming it. NOTHING worked just right and I didn't want to spend more on a vacuum than I did on the pool. [ DELETED BY ADMINISTRATOR ] Even with just a 530 gph, it got the fine sand and dirt up. I did have to modify the inline filter bag though by putting a cut off nylon sock in the filter bag to keep the sand and dirt from just going through the filter and back into the pool by the return.

It's not perfectly level. It's off by about an inch. But it hasn't been a problem. Since we are set up on black top(I have foam rubber pads like you get for a childs play room floor between the black top and pool) there really isn't a good way to level it completely. Sand was not a good option because it moves like marbles over glass when it's on blacktop.

All in all, we love our little Mini pool. I would highly recommend Intex pools to anyone looking for an inexpensive pool.
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 06-04-2013 at 08:15 PM. Reason: remove product endorsement.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: New Intex Pool owner...

It makes us very nervous, when a new user's first post is a recommendation for a product. Past experience tells us that such posts are often from people connected with the product.

Do you have any other comments or questions?

Yeah. I have a comment. Paranoid much? Give me a break. Cancel my membership. Good bye.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

It's not paranoid, when attacks on the site are something I deal with every single day. The forum task I completed, immediately before mod-ding in your post (and other posts) was banning and blocking several spammers.

. . . I'm happy to remove your membership. We can't possibly help everyone who wants help: there are 10,000,000 pool owners in the US. At best, and allowing a 50:1 ratio between lurkers and active members, we can't possibly assist more than 300,000 per season. TFP can reach maybe twice that. That still means that over 9,000,000 pool owners are still trapped into using pool store advice!

+ Reply to Thread