+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new guy from oklahoma

Default new guy from oklahoma

hi all im new to the site here looking for info to help me with my pool

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: new guy from oklahoma

well i bought an intex above ground metal frame pool 24'x52" its been up for about 3 weeks now and started to turn green and slimmy, now my wife started off taking the water sample to the local pool companie for testing and guidance they had her buying things like Pure Blue Clear and Crystal shock and told us to get our balance right then add these cemicals and maintain it by weekly. well i never heard of these things before and have been real skeptical of adding the pure n blue, now i have since gotten a test kit and have been treating my pool and its no longer green nore slimmy. the only thing i have been testing and treating is PH and Alkalinity last night my levels where good and i added the shock and today it looks good best its been in a while but still a tad bit cloudy my levels raised PH went from 7.2 to now 7.6 alkalinity went from 120 to 150 what direction do i go in from here
    thanks for the help

+ Reply to Thread