+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phosphate level

Default Phosphate level

my store tells me the phosphate level is too high, can I add algicide to the water?

chem geek is offline PF Supporter Whibble Konker chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars

Default Re: Phosphate level

Welcome to The PoolForum!

The phosphate level is irrelevant since the proper chlorine level can prevent algae growth regardless of phosphate level. If you don't have any visible algae or unusual chlorine demand right now, then just maintain your Free Chlorine (FC) level relative to your Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level according to Ben's Best Guess Guide to Swimming Pool Chlorine.

You probably need to get a proper test kit -- the Taylor K-2006 is the best to get (NOT the K-2005) and you may need to order it online since most stores don't carry it.
    15.5'x32' rectangle 16K gal IG concrete pool; 12.5% chlorinating liquid by hand; Jandy CL340 cartridge filter; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; 8hrs; Taylor K-2006 and TFTestkits TF-100; utility water; summer: automatic; winter: automatic; ; PF:7.5

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread