+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another new one with questions

Default Another new one with questions

It has been 10 years or so since we had an in ground pool, and we loved it.
    We now moved to the Texas Hill country and with a limited budget, want to start back with an above ground pool. Looking at the Intex 16'

We would really like an oval or rectangle pool, because i think it would be easier to build a deck to. But I can't find any smaller, lower priced units. Does anybody know of any?

So, if we go round, Been looking at the Intex 16' x 48" Ultra frame pool.
    More questions:
    1. The package I'm looking at has the SWCG. I read that section of the forum and they sound like a nice way to keep the pool chlorinated. Is this suggested for a smaller above ground?
    2. Any problems with the Intex 16' Ultra frames anybody wants to let me know about?

I want to get started leveling an area this weekend and order the pool soon. It's hot down here.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: Another new one with questions

Remember - Level means measured level not just looks level. Ben recently posted this about a water level:
    Quote Originally Posted by PoolDoc View Post
    Take a look at this -- over long distances, a "water level" is more accurate than an expensive transit level!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusDOh_5kTc
    Dig to undisturbed soil to level - don't fill. A roto-tiller can help the digging.

SWCG can be a convenient source of chlorine but many of the Intex SWCGs contain a copper ionizer. Copper causes problems in pools - It can stain the pool, fingernails, light and colored hair green. It can also lead to inadequate sanitization. If you get one with a copper ionizer, I would recommend that it be removed, disconnected or defeated.

Take a look at the stickies in Pool Chemistry for Intex-type Pools, They should help.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread