+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Pool

Default New Pool

We have a summer escapes 12' frame pool that is 2.5 feet deep. The pool has been up for 3 days and I have been adding aqua chem small pool sanitizer each evening and running the filter that came with it constantly. The chlorine level is 3 ten minutes after I add the sanitizer and when I check in the morning. By that evening it is back down to .6.

I have been using an old aqua chem 3 way test kit, but it is out of ph solution so I have only tested chlorine so far. My store didn't have the 6 way kits. It says online they don't carry them, but I will check again asap. If they don't have them I will just buy the refill solution. This is obviously my first attempt at a pool... I just want it to be safe for the kids!

I found this article:
    http://www.poolsolutions.com/gd/kiddie-pool-care.html
    Is this what I need to be doing? If so, I need to get algaecide, a brush, and ph solution. I have the rest, but I am not sure how to calculate my doses. The sanitizer had directions on the bottle, but how about the borax and bleach? When do I switch from the chlorine granules to bleach?

Also, how do I keep the bottom clean? We have the kids rinse their feet in a kiddie pool before going in, but there is already dirt and grass on the bottom of the pool and its only been 3 days. We don't have a vacuum.

Thanks!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: New Pool

A better page for you is this one:
    http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...p-routine-care.

You won't be able to keep your pool clean without some sort of vacuum. Later this evening, I'll find the links for a small vac that several users have been successful with.

Thanks for the info... I will follow those directions instead. Also, I will plan on buying a vacuum and would love a recommendation for an inexpensive one.
    Thanks again!
    Lisa

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

thanks!

+ Reply to Thread