Hi, Folks... I'm glad to be a member of your group!

Last summer I had a fine mesh screen enclosure erected over my backyard in-ground pool of approximately 14,000 gallons. We're finding that the water temperature is significantly cooler this year. My tolerance to cooler water is higher than my wife's, but I've yet to reach a comfort level to submerge. We live in Pensacola, Florida and I'm normally enjoying our pool in mid- to late April.

I currently have a single-speed 1 HP pool pump, in-line chlorinator, and a sand filter. Tops on my project list for this year is acquiring a variable speed pump (strongly considering the Pentair Intelliflo 3 HP), and then to solve the issue with heating... or lack thereof.

I've discussed Solar with a rep and it appears that our roof's sun exposure perspective would require many panels to achieve the desired result... require significant roof penetrations to install... and be rather costly ($5000+). We do not have natural gas in our neighborhood and I won't consider a propane-type tank. The attic-heat assist units appear to have some potential leakage considerations (I don't currently have an attic fan, which would require that acquisition and roof penetration). The other alternative I've considered is the electric heat pump... and it appears to be the most practical solution to my dilemma, although at a considerable cost to both acquire and operate.

I'm sure everyone here that has experienced the need for warmer pool water has a favorite solution. I would appreciate any suggestions and/or recommendations the forum may have. As this is my first post, I'm sure I'll be able to search the various topics/threads that will be relevant to this particular concern from earlier postings.

Again, glad to be here and looking forward to my visits! Thanks!