Hi Everyone,

I lost all shallow end water over the winter, two weeks ago I filled up the pool with water, monitored water loss level, about 3 inches per week.

Last Saturday I pulled the tarp off, topped off the pool and prior to unplugging everything I used food dye around all fixtures, steps and any where else I thought could be a leak. I even went so far to take a piece of 1/2" emt with food dye in it and blew it by the main drains............. and I couldn't find any leaks!!!!

So after all that, I unplugged everything, got the pool running and for the past week my water level has maintained!!!!!!! What the heck?????

So now I'm totally lost......... what happened to my big leak? The liner has popped off from the bead in the shallow end, about a one and a half foot stretch......... I still need to fix that, and opposite this I have a wringle in the pool liner on the floor. I'm thinking my leak is in the wrinkle and that the water pressure/wrinkle is sealing the leak??

Tomorrow I'll investigate further as I'll go for the first dip, though has anyone ever encountered something like this before? 3" of water a week is alot of water........ then suddenly, POOF..... it's gone???

ODD... anyway, I ordered and got my pool tester kit from your link, just got it yesterday, will try it out for the first time tomorrow....... Thanks for the help and wisdom of this board.

-Rob