+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First year opening after starting the BBB method last year....HELP! GREEN POOL!

Default First year opening after starting the BBB method last year....HELP! GREEN POOL!

I added 1½ containers of 3.87 qts. of 8.25% bleach yesterday, shocked today with 2lbs. shock blue.
    My numbers are:
    PH 7.5 TA 60 CYA 30-35 FC 4 TC 4 (Taylor test kit) Aqua Chem strips..PH 7.2 TA 50 Stabilizer 40 FC 1 TC 2 Bromine 2
    I don't check CH because I have vinyl liner although strips was TH 100

I have been running the pump constantly since yesterday, pool still green. I could actually see parts of the floor in the shallow end and the steps until I brushed this afternoon.

Please help me get a clear pool again!

Pool: 16X32 inground Hayward S200 high rate sand filter Hayward Super Pump 1 HP 20 GPM

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: First year opening after starting the BBB method last year....HELP! GREEN POOL!

FC of 4 is not nearly high enough to shock a pool with a CYA of 30. Please review Ben's Best Guess Chart. The pool will need a shock level of no less than 15ppm until one day after the pool is clear, it loses less than 1 ppm FC between sunset and sunrise and it has nearly 0 TC (less thn 1 drop).
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

Default Re: First year opening after starting the BBB method last year....HELP! GREEN POOL!

So how many gallons of bleach do I need to add to get to a shock level of 30? It has cleared up alot since last night ( I can see some of the bottom of the shallow end), however the water looks cloudy. Should I be vacumning even though I really can't see anything, and if so, should I vacumn on the waste mode so all the junk doesn't go through the filter?

It appears that the algae is gone...now I have a clear, yet cloudy pool. Any suggestions on how to clear it up? I have yet to vacuum because I can't see the floor. I have been backwashing when necessary as well.

+ Reply to Thread