+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hayward navigator pro worth it for $257?

Default Hayward navigator pro worth it for $257?

Hi,

we have a polaris 280 that needs some parts and our booster pump failed at the end of last season. Poking about the web, I noticed the 925ADC Hayward Navigator Pro- Concrete Model for $350-$400 and a $100 rebate from hayward. The cleaner does not require a booster pump.

considering the booster pump + polaris repairs will run about $750 or more, this is an attractive financial option. Wondering if it's worth a try?

tia,

Default Re: Hayward navigator pro worth it for $257?

I've been answering a lot of my own posts. wonder if the readership here has declined. anyhow, found a lot of people complaining these need to be rebuilt every season. Based on reviews, it seems "The Pool Cleaner" is a better bet. I'm going to figure out which model and order one.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Wow! $750 to repair it? Have you considered a robotic? I love my Blue Diamond.
    Carl

I've looked at the robots, not sure I see an advantage. It seems the motors wear out regularly and they're not really geared for a leafy pool. take a look at the reviews on pool supply world or amazon for the blue diamond.

Did you look at The Pool Cleaner? great reviews on amazon and elsewhere.

I've had good results with my zodiac G4 suction side cleaner. Seems they've discontinued the G4 but the G3 is very similar http://www.amazon.com/Baracuda-W0300...ords=zodiac+g4

I tend to put around $50-100 a year into it in parts. The biggest repair I've done to it was replacing the "sail" because I dropped the unit when toting it to the pool shed before a swim session. I've not used the navigator pro nor the polaris 280, but I've got no significant complaints about the zodiac. Suction side cleaners seem to be such simple devices, I can't imagine there's a massive difference in performance across models.

I guess with a booster pump you could run the thing when the main pump is off, but I find that the pump runtime necessary for swcg chlorination and filtration also meets my needs for cleaning with the zodiac. I run it 6 hours a day right now.
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Considering the troubles I had with the Dolphin Dynamic and, the ONLY troubles I've had with the BD didn't involve the motors (3x the size of the Dolphins) I'm surprised by the reviews. My BD is running for 5 or 6 years now, and I beat the tar out of it, running it 4x in a row in the spring cleaning up the winter mess. Plus the warranty support was outstanding compared to Dolphin.

I don't know the Pool Cleaner and cannot comment. I can only comment on what I've experienced and what other people have as well. There are multiple BD models and I do know they have a lower priced one, not the big wireless remote 3 motor one I have. There's a new Dolphin that's less expensive that apparently has done well--I think it's laser guided (?).
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread