+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cyanuric Acid Chlorine Conditioner

Default Cyanuric Acid Chlorine Conditioner

The granulated Cyanuric Acid Chlorine Conditioner I have been using takes forever to dissolve. The last time I cleaned my filter I found a pile of it on the bottom completely undisolved. I have tried putting it in a bucket of hot water but even that doesn't seem to work. My question, Leslie Pools has a liquid Cyanuric Acid Chlorine Conditioner, is that a suitable substitute? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

chem geek is offline PF Supporter Whibble Konker chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars

Default Re: Cyanuric Acid Chlorine Conditioner

You would usually just put it in a sock or stocking and hang it over a return flow. Or you can put it into a T-shirt in the skimmer if your skimmer has a bypass pipe so that clogging it doesn't cause any problems. Most people do the former sock method; I've done the T-shirt in skimmer method and it all dissolves within 24 hours, often within 12 (with the pump running the entire time). The Instant Pool Water Conditioner you are talking about does dissolve faster, but it's about twice as expensive per CYA ppm.
    15.5'x32' rectangle 16K gal IG concrete pool; 12.5% chlorinating liquid by hand; Jandy CL340 cartridge filter; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; 8hrs; Taylor K-2006 and TFTestkits TF-100; utility water; summer: automatic; winter: automatic; ; PF:7.5

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

In other words, if you're willing to pay the premium for liquid CYA, it does work and does disperse faster than dry CYA.
    Carl

Great suggestion I will try a sock, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread