+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Booster pump won't start up...what to check?

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: Booster pump won't start up...what to check?

I like CarlD's way as well. I copied it. I did leave the pump outside last winter as I was closing durring hurricane Sandy but I'd prefer to put it away inside.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I've seen banding and bonding. Not sure why there are both, but...it's the same thing. Since I pull off all my plumbing for the winter, I have a ball valve, quick release under my skimmer, another BV/QR at my low drain, a QR at my return, a BV/QR for each of my solar circuits, a BV/QR for the solar panels in general, a BV/QR between the SWCG manifold and the return, a QR on either side of the SWCG manifold, a QR where the return exits the filter, a BV/QR where the drains reach the pump, a QR on top of the pump and a QR on the filter from the pump, and a QR on the waste line.

Everything pops off for winter storage.
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
    I've seen banding and bonding. Not sure why there are both, but...it's the same thing. Since I pull off all my plumbing for the winter, I have a ball valve, quick release under my skimmer, another BV/QR at my low drain, a QR at my return, a BV/QR for each of my solar circuits, a BV/QR for the solar panels in general, a BV/QR between the SWCG manifold and the return, a QR on either side of the SWCG manifold, a QR where the return exits the filter, a BV/QR where the drains reach the pump, a QR on top of the pump and a QR on the filter from the pump, and a QR on the waste line.

Everything pops off for winter storage.
    Since my booster pump is connect with a flexible hose, it would probably be easy to set it up for easy removal and installation. However, the main pump is is plumbed with PVC with hardly any space between elbow joints to install a QR/BV. All the equipment sits on a small pad, so is a bit crowded with no room around it to expand (it sits in a corner formed by the chimney and the house with a walkway in front of it). I'll have to study it further to see what might work.

I'll remember this next time I have a pool installed. This is our first pool and it has been quite a learning experience.

I wonder, if removing the pumps for the winter isn't a viable option, would it help to at least cover them up?
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Sorry CarlD, I didn't intend to correct you on the band/bond. I'd never heard it that way and figured it was a spellcheck approved typo.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I wasn't offended Dave, didn't even think about it. Not to worry.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread