+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Safety Cover Anchor Repair

Question Safety Cover Anchor Repair

I have two of the brass insert anchors (that hold my safety cover in place) that have come lose. You can actually remove them out of the concrete.

The anchors were set in the concrete two seasons ago and with a hole drilled into the concrete and the anchors installed (they are knurled and they pressed into the hole).

As mentioned two of them have come out and I'm not sure what the proper method to re-install them. Is there an epoxy that should go in place or a larger anchor pressed into the existing hole?

Any thoughts?

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Safety Cover Anchor Repair

I would go with the gray pool-repair epoxy putty that gets super hard. It should work.
    Carl

Carl - is that a two part epoxy and would most of the big pool stores carry it or would I have to go to Lowes or Home Depot?

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Welcome to The Forum!!

What a coincidence, I was telling my wife about safety cover anchors on our ride home from work today and this very issue.

I've never bothered epoxying them back in when they've come out of the deck Gravity keeps them in place during the summer and the tension from the cover and the fact that it's a tight fit in the hole, keeps them from coming out through the winter.

I'm not saying that epoxying them in is a bad idea, I just don't feel it's necessary (unless you have 3+ adjacent anchors that aren't secured in the deck).
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

+ Reply to Thread