+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need a above ground Vac.

Default I need a above ground Vac.

I have a 33' above ground pool. Need a vac. I don't have a problem with leaves the biggest is dead algae from time to time. The vac. I have been using is the manual on the pole.. I heard at one time Diver Dave was good..

Thanks
    Kevin
    33'x33' round 28K gal AG vinyl pool; skimmer BBB; Sandollar 60 200lb sand sand filter; Pentair 1.5 pump; hrs; Taylor; well; summer: none; winter: none; ; PF:4.3

Default Re: I need a above ground Vac.

Not that you shouldn't get a good vac, but if you keep your chlorine levels high enough based on your CYA you should be able to prevent algae before it grows.

http://www.poolsolutions.com/gd/best...e-chart.html#a

I think I've heard some of the other contributers here praise the "wanda the whale" above ground pool cleaner, but you should wait until one of those folks comments. All my experience is with inground stuff.
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: I need a above ground Vac.

Diver Dave, Wanda The Whale, Aqua Bug, and Aqua Critter are all pretty much the same so advice / experience with one probably applies to all. I don't have one of those but I do recall some positive comments about them.

I have had two Robo Kleen Robots and my experience is mixed. I bought the first one for my Intex Easy Set pool as it's filtration system is not compatible with vacuum type cleaners. I was quite happy with it and only a little grumpy when it failed after three years but still happy anough to replace it with another. The second lasted about a year before it stopped moving - I was annoyed but it was about time to close the pool last year so I put it away and vacuumed by hand.

Just last weekend, I took it apart and fixed it - a pin that turns the drive gear had broken - I replaced it with a piece of 14 guage stainless steel bicycle spoke and it's working again. I guess I'm happy again but still annoyed about the short life of these cleaners. If my fix gives me two more years I'll probably be recommending Robo-Kleen again but right now, i'm not sure.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

+ Reply to Thread