Thread: My Green Pool Saga - Help!

Threaded View

Pamsel is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst Pamsel 0

Default Re: My Green Pool Saga - Help!

Thank you Janet. I have learned more here in two days than I've learned the past 4 years from pool "experts". I have a new container of both the pucks and the oxidizer. I'll be happy to return them and recover some of my money. Many thanks again.

HELP again!!

I tested the water first thing this morning. My chlorine level is high now - 10ppm, showing almost brownish-yellow and I smell chlorine when I walk up to the pool. I will maintain this level now until the algae is killed? So far, the water has not changed appearance at all. Also, my PH has not come down at all and my TA has gone from 310 to 380. I've put in 48ozs of muriatic acid in four doses so far, but am getting no results. Could someone please tell me if perhaps I read the PH Calcs chart wrong? I put in 14,500 gal for pool size and click calculate. The muriatic acid line reads 11.6, which I took to mean I should put in 11.6 ozs.
    I've been putting in 12 ozs at a time. Am I doing something wrong?

I discovered that I have a container of PH Reducer (Sodium Bisulfate) in the garage, left from the previous owners. This means it is 5 years old. Would it do any good to use that, since the muratic acid doesn't seem to be doing the trick? Or would that be going in reverse?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Pamsel; 06-01-2006 at 11:16 AM.
    Pam, Illinois

"17'x33' oval 14.5K gal IG vinyl pool; liquid chlorine; Hayward Pro Series, M-S-244T sand filter; A.O. Smith Centurian, Switchless, 1.40 HP pump; Right now 24/7hrs; Pool Solutions PS234
    Serial #6511, Drops / Powder; Community well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:8.3"