Thread: Help Replacing Pentair Multiport Valve

Default Help Replacing Pentair Multiport Valve

Hello,

My friend who was taking care of our pool messed with the multiport valve and must have run it in closed. He said it started leaking water after he moved the valve. The body of the valve is cracked and I have since ordered an entire replacement valve assembly. The issue I see is how I am going to remove the connecting pipes from the side entering and leaving the valve. Attached are some pictures and I have circled the locations I am speaking of. If anyone can help me with a solution to remove these and replace the valve and reattach please let me know.

Thanks.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Help Replacing Pentair Multiport Valve

The attachments don't show up--you might want to post your pics using flickr, photobucket, or one of the other family-friendly pic hosting sites and then put a link into a reply to this thread. Just a caution--traffic is very, very slow around here this time of year, so it might take quite awhile before someone who can answer your question checks in, so don't give up!
    Janet

Default Re: Help Replacing Pentair Multiport Valve

Here are some pics. I have since tried a hose clamp which did not work over the cracked area. I plan to add some unions that can be removed easily. What kind of unions can i use? any recommendations on new pipe routing? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stehigs321 View Post
    Hello,

My friend who was taking care of our pool messed with the multiport valve and must have run it in closed. He said it started leaking water after he moved the valve. The body of the valve is cracked and I have since ordered an entire replacement valve assembly. The issue I see is how I am going to remove the connecting pipes from the side entering and leaving the valve. Attached are some pictures and I have circled the locations I am speaking of. If anyone can help me with a solution to remove these and replace the valve and reattach please let me know.

Thanks.