+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NEW 18' metal frame easy set agp questions.

Default NEW 18' metal frame easy set agp questions.

Hello all,

I am the new proud owner of an intex 18' pool (previous owner of 16 foot pop up, til the neighborhood cats got to the ring, and Niagra wasa flowin>)
    I am just topping off the last 1000 gal,( using my """" treated (soft) water)
    anyway, I noticed in the " instruction DVD" they showed an optional SWG made for intex (their Krystal clear pump/filter systems) for about $150 us.
    Is this a good thing for me to have ? or should I just stick to the BBB plan I was so successful with on the previous pool?

anyway, I know this isn't the choice pool of many owners and pro's out their, but I just didn't see spending $1900 on a pool that was way too small {12'} and didn't have installation included. this was the cheapest I could find, which I have learned cheap isn't always good. Maybe in 5 or so years I can afford the dream pool, and deck setup I really want, but for now, (after 3 days of correcting a 5" dif in level...) this is something for the preg wife and 9 y/o girl to enjoy.
    anyway, curious about the swg, and any other suggestions reguarding filters. i.e. can I change this out to a sand filter ? (looks to have 1 1/2" threaded fittings)
    also, the "Ben" test kit... not to sound really dumb here, but what are the advantages to this kit over the aqua pro kit I have now (with new reagents)?? I am curious to get one if it will help keep the chemistry right.

my water going in,
    18'x 48" (aprox 6500 gal)

ph 8.1
    fc 0
    tc 0 *** due to water treatment systems, have added bleach in small quantity as water is being filled, using pucks as well, til cya can be added
    obv, cya 0
    ta 130 ppm
    cal hard, 0
    salt, < 150 ppm
    tds, 429

anything I should change other than dropping ph a bit, and adding 20-30 ppm of cya ?

Thanks in advance for the advice,
    love the sites, and pass them on to all I meet with a pool ...

Default Re: NEW 18' metal frame easy set agp questions.

does anyone have any advice ?
    in the residential and commercial water treatment industry, if you don't have some type of system, get one !!!
    '' common sense aint so common"
    "to be, or not to be... without beer, that is the question"

Our "easy set" (yeah right, 6 days later) and still working
    but, it is a start to a wonderfull "pool owner lifestyle"
    upgrade is already planned... so don't laugh at it, its our first, and not the last!
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dj71da...?.dir=/562fre2

Kimrst is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst Kimrst 0

Default Re: NEW 18' metal frame easy set agp questions.

I have the intex 18 foot pool and I think it would be a waste to add all that more $$ for a swg. We just use BBB and it works great and is easy. This is my second year of the pool and while I appreciate Bens kit, I use the htc $15 kit from walmart, not paper strips here. I follow the advice of the group and absorb and use the info and my pool is just what we need for now. This is a great group of diverse people and they will help anyone who asks nicely. I can't give advice with numbers sorry, but I think you are on the right track. Maybe someone else can comment on the numbers.. Kim

+ Reply to Thread