+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Install Side Mount Skimmer to Intex Pool?

Default Install Side Mount Skimmer to Intex Pool?

Hi,

We've gotten a new Intex 14 ft Ultra Frame Pool. Is there such a thing as a universal side mount skimmer that we can install on the side of the pool?

Thanks!
    Peggy
    14 ft. x 4' round AG vinyl pool; 6% bleach; some dichlor shock, some trichlor tabs; Dry acid; Muriatic acid; 1 speed Intex SF15110 SAND filter/pump; 6-8 hrs; Taylor K2006; utility water; no covers yet

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Install Side Mount Skimmer to Intex Pool?

My son has set up many newer Intex pools for friends, and quite a few have requested in-wall skimmers. He's been installing smaller ones similar to this one. A lot of the newer Intex metal frame pools now come with an in-wall skimmer/pump assembly.
    15' round 4.8K gal Intex AG pool; Intex 633 pump with twin canisters (2500 gph main filtering); Unicel 5315 filter cartridges; Intex 637 pump w/o filter (1000 gph heater circulation); 4hrs; K-2006; utility water; PF:24

Default Re: Install Side Mount Skimmer to Intex Pool?

Haha! Thank you for the suggestion. When I didn't get a response to my question, I went ahead and did a lot of research on my own and that is exactly the wall thru skimmer I ended up getting! I won't be installing it until next year, but I am fairly confident that I know how to do it. Thank you for the confirmation that I probably made the correct choice.

Peggy
    14 ft. x 4' round AG vinyl pool; 6% bleach; some dichlor shock, some trichlor tabs; Dry acid; Muriatic acid; 1 speed Intex SF15110 SAND filter/pump; 6-8 hrs; Taylor K2006; utility water; no covers yet

+ Reply to Thread