+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's the most reliable chlorine generator>

Default What's the most reliable chlorine generator>

I need to replace my chlorine generator, which is five years old. Is there one that is better than the rest? I currently have a Jandy 1400, but have not been especially pleased with it. Many repairs.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: What's the most reliable chlorine generator>

The most common units discussed here are the Hayward/Goldline, the Pentair Intellichlor, the Horner Autopilot line, and the Jandy units. We have no really reliable side-by-side quality comparison data. On a purely subjective scale, it's my *impression* that the Hayward/Goldline units are the most preferred, and the Jandy units the least preferred. I'm NOT including the Intex models, except to say that they seem to work fairly well, for the price. But, they are not really comparable to the other models for inground pools.

Regardless you should remember that this is only my impression, and is NOT an objective comparison. I can tell you that the AutoPilot units are the best SUPPORTED model, at least here, because Sean "PoolSean" Assam with AutoPilot is a forum team member here. Jandy's models may be better supported next year; I'm in contact with some of their service staff, but haven't really worked out a good mechanism for their participation.

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

I would stay away from jandy and from unit from their parent company, zodiac.
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

My only experience is with our AquaRite (Goldline) that was installed in 2004, but I thought I would share it anyway. Since we've had it we've replaced the cell once and a circuit board once. Both were partially covered under the pro rated warranty. The couple times I've called customer service they've been very helpful.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

+ Reply to Thread