+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Can cracked PVC be repaired?

Default Re: Can cracked PVC be repaired?

Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post
    surface just has to be clean. There are several videos on the website. Be sure to watch them all.
    I watched the video (I only see one on their website) and looked at the slideshow demos.

Any tips you can offer based on your experience?

I received the Plast-Aid today and will try the repair tomorrow. I'll report back.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

really the only tips are don't breath the fumes from the liquid, use in a well ventilated place, and make a marble like in the video so you can see how the stuff cures and the stages it goes through. For fixing PVC wait until it is almost honey like pout it in the leak and then as it continues to thiciken add more and shape it (just like in the slideshow). It's pretty straightforward and easy stuff to work with once yo get used to it, which is why I say make a marble like in the first slideshow. http://www.plast-aid.com/applications/marble/marble.htm
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post
    really the only tips are don't breath the fumes from the liquid, use in a well ventilated place, and make a marble like in the video so you can see how the stuff cures and the stages it goes through. For fixing PVC wait until it is almost honey like pout it in the leak and then as it continues to thiciken add more and shape it (just like in the slideshow). It's pretty straightforward and easy stuff to work with once yo get used to it, which is why I say make a marble like in the first slideshow. http://www.plast-aid.com/applications/marble/marble.htm
    Thanks.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

It's also available at Amazon -- the price is the same as on the Plast-Aid site, but shipping is included at Amazon and added at Plast-Aid:
    Plast-aid Repair Plastic 6oz 80400
    I'm going to have to get some and try it.

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

I forgot to add that the two times I ordered it I got it from Amazon. Only got the small one the first time but once I worked with it and realized all the potential it had I reordered the large one!
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

I tried the Plast-aid today. The cracked part is no longer leaking and it seems to be holding even with the flow sensor installed. Time will tell if the fix will hold long term.

Ain't this forum great!

Now I need to fix a leaking pump (looks like it needs new seals).

+ Reply to Thread