+ Reply to Thread

Thread: chl....down.....alk.....up......help!

Cool chl....down.....alk.....up......help!

I'm sort of new to this .....had smaller intex pools summers ago.....nitemare to say the least emptied and filled 3 times......pool busted and I was glad........yet we've wanted another pool ever since....lol.....we just bought a 22' intex with the crystal clear catr. filters.......was really shocked @ the power this pump has compared to he older smaller ones......we do have well water.....we filled the pool up about half way then the fire dept. came and finished it off......I think so far so good.....I've been changing and washing filters daily......I have shocked several times water is pretty clear but not blue.....having trouble raising chl. level .....ph seems to be OK.....but alk. started out high and has remained high since day one.....I have added acid once and algacide once......but since finding and studying your site I decided to stop and ask for help here........husband tried to purchase a 6-way hath kit but Walmart was out.....only came home with two large bottles of 6% bleach......thanks for any help in advance......btw we are a family of six so trust me I'llfollow your advise if it'll save me anything.......money time......or both....haha

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: chl....down.....alk.....up......help!

Hi cajunpoolmom,

I'm sorry that you didn't get a response to this post--somehow we all seem to have missed it. How is the pool going now? ARe you still having problems with it?
    Janet

+ Reply to Thread