+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would you want this in your pool?

Default Would you want this in your pool?

Didn't know where else to put this that would be appropriate, so here it goes......

Looking on amazon for a solar cover for my pool, I came across this aquapill.

Makes me wonder just what it is anyone that actually USED this would be doing to their pool chemistry. No clue what is in the "pill".

I know from what I've almost learned here, that it would be something I may not want messing with my already poor chemistry.

Anyone know what these are made of or how they work?
    15' round 4.8K gal Intex AG pool; Intex 633 pump with twin canisters (2500 gph main filtering); Unicel 5315 filter cartridges; Intex 637 pump w/o filter (1000 gph heater circulation); 4hrs; K-2006; utility water; PF:24

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Default Re: Would you want this in your pool?

They contain the HeatSavr liquid. In theory they can keep you from losing a few degrees heat by overnight evaporation (but not as much as a blanket can). In realty they just don't work in most pools since any disturbance of the surface (from a breeze for example) tends to negate anything they do.
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

+ Reply to Thread