+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I use Evolve Bleach Tablets in a Swmming Pool???

Lightbulb Can I use Evolve Bleach Tablets in a Swmming Pool???

I was just at the store to by the generic bleach for my pool when I noticed a product called Evolve ultra concentrated bleach tablets. The bottle has 32 tablets and claims to have as much bleach as a 182 ounces of liquid bleach. It was just under $3, which makes it a good value if this is true. My question is is this ok to use? I'm crossing my fingers that it is. The bottle only weighs 6 ozs...a far cry from the 2.5 gallon bottle I usually fill my basket with and lug home
    In ground, outdoor, vinyl liner, 22,000 gallons w/Aqua Genie skimmer installed in 2008, 1 HP Hayward 2-speed Super Pump and Hayward pro series high rate S244T both installed 2016

jwhouse is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst jwhouse 0

Default Re: Can I use Evolve Bleach Tablets???

Looks like it is dichlor with some other 'stuff' in it, the other stuff being citric acid monohydrate and sodium carbonate. The dichlor is stabilized chlorine (meaning it contains stabilizer or CYA) but I'm not sure how the citric acid monohydrate will react in the water. I'm sure PoolDoc and/or someone much more knowledgeable than I will chime in. When they do, I linked the MSDS sheet below for easy discovery.

Here is the MSDS sheet: http://www.novabella.com/pdf/EvolveBleach_Tabs_MSDS.pdf

Personally, because of the addition of CYA to the water, I wouldn't use it even if the other ingredients make no difference. That is, unless you need added CYA in your pool.
    30' round 22K gal AG vinyl pool; skimmer tabs and GV Bleach; Hayward SD60 sand filter; Pentair 1.5 HP pump; hrs; ; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; K-2006 Test Kit ; PF:5.5

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Good catch, Wayne.

@paigemetoo -- Do NOT use that product; there is too much unknown stuff in it. If you want dichlor, it's better to buy PLAIN undiluted dichlor. Links below.

Ben

============================

+ If you need stabilizer, and have access to a Sams Club, buy their 24 pack of 1# bags of dichlor shock. Each bag will add about 7 ppm of chlorine, and about 6 ppm of stabilizer, per 10K gallons of water. Otherwise, order dichlor from Amazon:
    Kem-Tek Dichlor 22 lbs
    We do NOT recommend buying dichlor locally, otherwise, at least until you are an EXPERT reader of chemical labels. The chlorinating pool chemicals sold at Walmart, Kmart, Costco, and most other local stores are diluted blends, sometimes with copper and other products with bad side-effects.

Thanks guys! It was worth a try. Bleach it is!
    In ground, outdoor, vinyl liner, 22,000 gallons w/Aqua Genie skimmer installed in 2008, 1 HP Hayward 2-speed Super Pump and Hayward pro series high rate S244T both installed 2016

How about Chlorine Dry Bleach? Active Ingredient is Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate, dihydrate 5-15% per SDS. Can't see what inactive ingredients are. Just wondering if anybody has tried it. Found it online at Worldwide Janitor.

+ Reply to Thread