+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Intex Metal Frame Pool

SBaker is offline ** No working email address ** SBaker 0

Default Intex Metal Frame Pool

I am in the process of leveling a spot for a 18'x48" metal frame pool. Before I proceed any further, I am hoping to receive some feedback for the following questions:

Any benefits/issues in using 2" blocks under each leg?

Would you recommend adding some sand under the base of the pool (not under the legs) to make the bottom a little softer and then setting the tarp on top of the sand?

I am looking into the chlorine generator for this pool and trying to weigh the costs and benefits. Has anyone ever used one for this type of pool before? Will I still need to use other chemicals besides chlorine?

This will be our first pool and the intent is to move to a permanent above ground pool in a few years or so once the kids are older. Any comments or words of wisdom is greatly appreciated.

NWMNMom is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver NWMNMom 0

Default Re: Intex Metal Frame Pool

I think someone else asked about the blocks under one of these frame pools some posts back and there were some suggestions that it wouldn't hurt - are you talking about burying them level with the ground?

I don't know about the sand but when we had an Intex pool, we did put carpet padding under the bottom (after the tarp) and it sure was nice to walk on - I would assume that layer of sand be nice too. You would want to be sure it is level though.

There are some people with really great experience and background on installation here, perhaps one of them can give you very definitive answers. Good luck, keep us updated!
    Beats driving to the lake!
    18'x33'x52" AG oval, hard plumbed system, 22" Pentair Meteor Filter 1.5hp pump, Goldline SWCG System, 2/4x20 SolarBear Panels, Biltmore Steps - 16x14' composite deck, Pool Rover Jr

Kimrst is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst Kimrst 0

Hi, We are in the process of putting our Frame pool up for the second year. Our yard is not level so we dug down a few inches on one side. We raked the dirt clean several times, then we put the blocks set into the dirt on the high side, under the tarp. I think the trick is NOT to have any of the edges of the bricks exposed to where it can rub on the pool liner. The entire process took much longer for us than the video said it would, maybe it will go up faster this year?
    We use bleach. We tried the pucks in the floating duck and it was a mess with too much stablizer. This year only bleach, no pucks. Kimrst

Hi, I would use the blocks. When we install this type of pool we use our laser level to set each block. This really seems to help keep the pool level. We set the blocks after we have leveled the ground, spread out some sand and set the pool up. We set the blocks just before adding water.

Good luck, Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

Hi! Could someone please tell me how to level the ground for one of these or the 18' x 48" easy set. My husband said he is not going to do it with a shovel, whatever. My yard doesn't have slopes etc., but there are spots that are uneven by a couple of inches and there is a ridge that runs through my backyard and the neighbors.

I called someone today and he wanted 350.00 to level a few inches for 18'. The pool is only 300.00. Contractor told me to just spend 150.00 and put down few inches of sand. I still want the grass gone. That would be one big pig sty.

We were originally going to go with a 24' x 54", put down the small deposit to hold the sale price and hubby talked me out of it because we definately need to move in 2 years and he was not building a big deck for someone else since we need to move. Neighborhood is going downnnn. So to compromise until then and to get my 7 years and myself through the summer, I said fine.

I would appeciate any help.

Thanks

I ended up building up a sand pad on where my pool sits. The sand pad measures 17' round. My backyard had a 9 1/2" drop from the top of the pool would sit to the bottom of the pool. I used the green metal landscape edging around the sand, and then shoveled and shoveled and then I shoveled some more..
    Once I had enough sand, (4 yards of bank sand was used), I leveled it with rakes and a long 2x4 piece, And then tamped it all down. Filled in the dips and craters with more sand and tamped all that down again! Before the pool was installed on the pad, i layed down the provided tarp. Then installed the pool on top of all of this. After everything was said and done, I had about 6" between the pool and the edging. I tucked the excess tarp back under the pool. And then for landscaping effect, I layed those white landscaping rocks, over the tarp/gap. I'll post some pics tomorrow or so, so that people can get a visual
    description of what I did.

If your asking if you can get by with uneven ground, I would say yes I bought one of these last year, and I did pretty much like the video shows I just walked around and picked up sticks and rocks, and I had no problems, and my ground was uneven by at least two inches.

One thing I would do is when your looking for rocks I would take off your shoes and walk around bare foot. It's better find them with your bare feet before you set the pool up, then after.

For those of you who didn't remove the grass, what did your ground look like in the fall when you took down the pool. I'm asking this because about 4 summers ago when my son was 3, I got sick of emptying this little pool he had and left it in the same spot for 2 weeks. When I lifted it up, it had rotten, yellow grass and maggots underneath. It was disgusting and smelled horrible horrible horrible like a pig pen. We had a party that week for my son's bd and no one could go in the back yard because you could smell it from the door.

What tool did you use to remove the grass???

Thanks, Teena

I for one, removed all of the grass, and as many roots as I could. I set one up before (a 16' pop up) on the grass with similar issues.
    as far as the tool/
    a shovel, heavy rake, and leaf rake, a few afternoons, and i was done.

I don't intend on taking mine down (I do live in fla, so our winter isn't that long) mainly because I don't want to have to pay for the water again, I would rather pay a few dollars in chemicals to keep it clean during the winter rather than go through all of the he!! in putting it back up!
    just my 2 cents.
    in the residential and commercial water treatment industry, if you don't have some type of system, get one !!!
    '' common sense aint so common"
    "to be, or not to be... without beer, that is the question"

Our "easy set" (yeah right, 6 days later) and still working
    but, it is a start to a wonderfull "pool owner lifestyle"
    upgrade is already planned... so don't laugh at it, its our first, and not the last!
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dj71da...?.dir=/562fre2

Thank you, grass definately has to come up.

+ Reply to Thread