+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it possible to run Intex SWCG pump and filter unit with pump disabled?

Default Is it possible to run Intex SWCG pump and filter unit with pump disabled?

Has anyone add a sand filter in series and infront of Intex 54611EG Krystal Clear Saltwater System and Filter Pump?
    My reason is that a filter cartridge doesn't last more than 2 weeks on my pool. 7 of these will cost the same as a 14 in Krystal Clear™ Sand Filter Pump, $129 at wal. It should arrive this weekend.

The trick is to disable the pump but keeping the CELL running!
    I'd like to feeding the water from the sand filter straight into the cell unit.
    I don't mind opening it to make some changes and will try it if you have a bright and logical idea. Ths!
    12'x24' 8.3K* gal Intex AG vinyl pool; Intex SWCG CS20110 .92W pump & 110# sand filter combo; HTH 6-way stick; K2006; utility water; PF:14.5

Default Re: Is it possible to run Intex SWCG pump and filter unit with pump disabled?

Since no one is replying so I sold my Intex 54611EG and bought the Intex 56681EG Saltwater System & Sand Filter Pump Set.
    Moderator, please close this thread.
    12'x24' 8.3K* gal Intex AG vinyl pool; Intex SWCG CS20110 .92W pump & 110# sand filter combo; HTH 6-way stick; K2006; utility water; PF:14.5

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Is it possible to run Intex SWCG pump and filter unit with pump disabled?

I'm sorry this wasn't answered. Somehow, it ended up in the wrong section and was overlooked.

The Intex cartridges are not very high quality and do not last long. As explained below, a pair of Unicel-brand cartridges should resolve the problem. You have to be careful: many Asian made, and inferior quality, cartridges are sold very deceptively, and not all pool dealers know the difference. If you want to replace your filter cartridge, there are 3 -- and ONLY 3 -- good options: OEM cartridges (for American made filters); Unicel brand cartridges, and Filbur brand cartridges. Be very wary of online sellers who blur the line between "fits the same filters as a Unicel" and "is a Unicel".

Ben

===================================

+ The OEM cartridges in Intex / Summer Escapes / etc. filters are not high quality. The Intex manuals recommend replacing them completely every 2 weeks. A BETTER option is to replace them permanently with 2 - 3 Unicel cartridges, and rotating them through a cleaning solution. Properly maintained, the Unicel cartridges will last all season AND will filter better. So even though they cost more per cartridge, they cost less per season! Learn to maintain them, by reading this post, Cleaning-your-Cartridge-Filter-wiithout-Damaging-It!

But, purchasing them is tricky. Amazon does not consistently stock them, and some of the 3rd party sellers are charging high prices and/or high shipping. So, check the Amazon link, but watch out for the prices and shipping costs.

It would be nice if you could just buy them elsewhere, but many of the online pool stores are listing Pleatco or other Asian made low quality filters, as "Unicel C-4607 type" or "fits Unicel C-4607". So shop carefully!

Here are the Amazon links:
    Unicel C-4607 Replacement Filter Cartridge (Easy Set Size A or C) @ Amazon
    Unicel C-5315 Replacement Filter Cartridge for 15 Square Foot Intex B Filter @ Amazon

+ Reply to Thread