+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice on buying used AG pool

Question Need advice on buying used AG pool

I am looking at a 2005 Aqua Leader escape 30' round pool. I comes with the original hayward pump with missle filter and kontiki vacuum. Half moon wood deck, slide, patio furniture, walk in steps, solar cover and a new winter cover. This pool has 52 inch walls and has resin components. I can purchase for $2400 if I take it down. I have pictures but do not know how to post. Appears well kept.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Need advice on buying used AG pool

We have had many people this year post that they are purchasing used pools, but many of those re-installs don't go well. A new liner would definitely have to be purchased as a liner that old would not be able to be re-used.

You say that it has resin components but I assume that the walls are steel? I have to caution you that you often can not see rust from the outside of a pool. I recently replaced my AG pool with a new (bigger) one. From the outside of my old pool, everything looked great. But, once the liner was removed, it quickly became apparent that the pool walls were quite rusted. So, even though a pool appears well kept, you won't know the integrity of the pool until you dismantle it.

If you want to post a picture, you can either use Picasa, Flickr, Photobucket, etc. or email them to poolforum@gmail.com and reference the URL of this thread. But, again, those pictures aren't going to show you what is going on inside the pool walls. Just something to think about.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

-- membership updated --

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

and, pictures posted:

-

-

-

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Just wondering what you decided to do --- buy it or not?

Making the decision this weekend. My wife needs to look at it as she has been gone. I want to dig down in a couple of spots and check the rails and lower walls. I also need to re-negotiate as my insurance will not cover my house if I have a pool slide so I will see what he will take if he keeps the slide and sells that himself. Otherwise what do you think of what is there? It comes with all patio furniture, lights around pool and deck, solar and winter cover, auto vacuum.

Thanks for your input.

+ Reply to Thread