+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cya testing

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: Cya testing

Quote Originally Posted by RedwingT View Post
    Shoot, I forgot to ask: Should I pull the CYA sock when my son swims?
    Good idea - I would.

For the record, Leslie's DOES NOT carry the reagent replacements for the Taylor K2006 kit. Not in my area anyways. They really need to get better employee's with more knowledge so I wouldn't have wasted a trip a cpl of days that it could have already been on it's way.
    15' x 48" round 4.4K gal Intex AG pool; Unicel Type C-5315 cartridge filter; Intex 633T pump; (24/7) Taylor 2006 kit; utility water; summer: ; winter: ; iPhone; PF:27

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Some pool stores and dealers carry the Taylor replacement reagents, others do not. I have seen them in Ace hardware stores that have full pool departments and most Pinch a Penny stores (but Pinch a Penny is only in Florida). I have also seen them in several independant dealers' and builders' stores.
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

They had some Taylor replacements, just don't carry em for the K2006, unfortunately. He said, "no I don't carry those reagents, those are for a far different type of a kit" Yeah, one they don't want to carry in the store cause then ppl could test their own water accurately and wouldn't need them to do it and sell them so bogus crap. There was a lady in there trying to get to the bottom of an algae problem, I told her, (in the parking lot of course) save your money and join PF, they will help you out inexpensively too w/out a bunch of mystery chemicals that cost a fortune.

Long live the PF, love you guys and your principals
    15' x 48" round 4.4K gal Intex AG pool; Unicel Type C-5315 cartridge filter; Intex 633T pump; (24/7) Taylor 2006 kit; utility water; summer: ; winter: ; iPhone; PF:27

With Leslie's, it depends on the individual store. The one here carries R-0014, for instance, but not R-0004. Their Website does say to check for local availability. Good for you for mentioning PF to the customer. I've done that once or twice.
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

Even thou I just added a lb of CYA on Tuesday, I couldn't wait to try the test. I got a reading of 40. I am out of reagent 0871 as stated above and did my final FC/CC test until the replacements get here. My results below: 10ml tests
    FC 15
    CC 0.5/1 Hard to tell for sure last drops in bottle and they just flew out.
    pH 7.4
    CYA 40

Going to calculate the amt. of bleach to put in to reach shock level of 30 with a CYA reading of 30-50. I have a group coming over to swim on Sunday and would like this last little bit of algae killed and vacuumed up by then.

On Ben's best guess pool chart there are 2 shock levels...what is the difference? One is 'SHOCK' and the other is +SHOCK+

jwhouse is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst jwhouse 0

Quote Originally Posted by RedwingT View Post
    On Ben's best guess pool chart there are 2 shock levels...what is the difference? One is 'SHOCK' and the other is +SHOCK+
    The SHOCK is for stardard shocking of the pool and the +SHOCK+ is for Mustard Algae shock levels.

Thanks jwhouse, if I had to guess that is what I would have thought. Now it's confirmed.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

I like your new avatar!

Thanks Dave! Sure beats the pic of the ground before installation!

Wanted to give a shout out to DiscountPoolMart on Amazon Marketplace. I ordered the 3 reagents on Wednesday August 8 and received them today Saturday! Estimated delivery was August 15! So I actually only went 1 day without being able to test! Fast A+ service!

+ Reply to Thread