+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Polaris 360 Feed Hose Repair Info

Post Polaris 360 Feed Hose Repair Info

I just wanted to share some information I wish I knew before I attempted to repair the feed hose on my Polaris 360 pressure side pool cleaner.

My Polaris is probably 8 years old. I have replaced parts as needed so the thing still works well. A recent issue I found was the hose would detach itself from the pool wall when the pump was switched to run the Polaris. I checked the pressure relief valve and found that the plastic channels that lock the valve to the pool wall seemed to be very worn. I purchased a new pressure relief valve which came with a new universal wall fitting. This universal wall fitting (UWF) is plastic and screws into the pool wall. It secures the pressure relief valve and the feed hose to the pool wall.

Simple right? Remove the pressure relief valve, unscrew the old UWF and screw in the new one. Attach the new pressure relief valve and feed hose to the Polaris and we are ready to go. NOT SO FAST. The old UWF wouldn't "unscrew" from the pool wall. I ended up having to dig it out piece by piece to keep from damaging the threads in the pool wall. From what I have learned, if you leave the old pressure relief valve attached while you unscrew the old UWF it wont distort (cave in) and will unscrew.

Of course I didn't learn this until I had destroyed it beyond recognition. Hope this helps somebody.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Polaris 360 Feed Hose Repair Info

Thanks for the tip. I bought my first Polaris this season so this tip will come in handy in the future.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

+ Reply to Thread