+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi fm Steel Black

Default Hi fm Steel Black

New to this. Love the water level thread. Gonna use that one. Putting in a used pool. AG. Friends giving it to me if I remove it. Sounds great so far. Liners gone. And pump is shot. So tried to see what is the best way to go. Standard chlorine or saltwater? Even going thru the posts not sure what to go to. The BRB I like very much also and the test kits recommended are all good points I found just skimming thru the AG area. I understand its late in the season but that's ok for me. Get it set and still might get some nice time out of it yet this year. As its still hot here well into Oct sometimes. All be safe .

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Hi fm Steel Black

Good luck with the AG pool move and rebuild. Sounds like you might be able to pull it off, but we here from a lot of folks who have a pool in pieces with missing parts and no idea who even made the thing. Those stories don't have happy endings, as a rule.

But, good luck to you!

Well thats where I luck out as the pool is still up in one piece. I get to take it apart, (sounds like fun right) And have been a mechanic for most of my life. So keeping track of the parts will not be an issue.
    So personnel opinion. Would it be better to go with a Saltwater system in the DFW area of Texas? I see plenty of ads on Ebay for Saltwater pump and filter systems on Ebay?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

I would *strongly* recommend you NOT getting a salt system, yet, for 3 reasons:

1. You need to learn to operate the pool without it -- we see people all the time in pool trouble, because they can't do so.
    2. You need to hold off adding salt to your water, till you've seen the condition of the pool. If corrosion is beginning, you don't want to accelerate it with salt.
    3. You'll have a MUCH clearer idea of what you want and need, after you've run the pool without salt, this summer.

+ Reply to Thread