+ Reply to Thread

Thread: water temp already 90 degrees

ScottS is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst ScottS 0

Default water temp already 90 degrees

This really sucks because we are not even into June yet and my water temprature is 90 degrees. How is that supposed to be refreshing?

I am in Southern Louisiana and my pool gets full sun from about 8am to 4pm which is the reason it warms up so quickly. Besides covering half of the pool with a patio cover to provide shade would there be any other method of keeping the water cooler?

I know it's a long shot but I had to ask

Default Re: water temp already 90 degrees

Hah, if my pool isn't 89 or higher my DW and DMIL (mother in law ) won't go near the pool :-) You could get a heat pump and cool the pool with it.

cwstnsko is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst cwstnsko 0

My pool gets up to about 92 in the daytime and drops to about 84 at night this time of year with my redneck solar running during the day. Once the water starts getting about 95, I stop running the solar during the day. When it starts going higher, I start running my redneck solar at night to cool it off a bit. Almost all pools in AZ include an aerator sprayer in the coping to encourage heat loss through evaporation in the hot part of the summer.

gwrace1 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst gwrace1 0

Our water here in south Texas is also in the low 90's. It seems to help cool temperatures down if you run a fountain at night. We've been swimming at night lately as it is more comfortable and the kids don't need the sunscreen to prevent sunburn. The aqualuminator does a nice job of lighting up the pool. I also have LED solar lights that I have placed inside each of the aluminum fence posts. They rotate to different colors and it makes a nice affect.

33' Artesian Echo Canyon Ultra II round with 54" wall 26000 gallon capacity -- 1.5 HP 2 Speed Pump / Pentair 26" Sand Filter with Zeolite filter media
    Aquarite Salt Water Generator -- Complete aluminum deck with fence kit
    Aqualuminator with Fountain -- Solar Pool Lights
    Pool Pictures at the link below
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548241672nKeuyR

Jack T. is offline ** No working email address ** Jack T. 0

Quote Originally Posted by gwrace1
    Our water here in south Texas is also in the low 90's. It seems to help cool temperatures down if you run a fountain at night. We've been swimming at night lately as it is more comfortable and the kids don't need the sunscreen to prevent sunburn. The aqualuminator does a nice job of lighting up the pool. I also have LED solar lights that I have placed inside each of the aluminum fence posts. They rotate to different colors and it makes a nice affect.
    You got any pics of said LEDs? The bulb on our aqualuminator is out, and at $45 per each, I'm not too keen on buying another bulb, specially if I can do something a bit "cooler".

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

I'm close to Shreveport, and we fight this battle every year--by August the pool feels like a hot tub. It helps if you will run your pump at night, rather than during the day. Also, if you have a slide, turn the water on it while you're in the pool--you'd be amazed at how fast the temp drops!

Janet

+ Reply to Thread