+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bleach Dose amount when filling

Default Bleach Dose amount when filling

First off just want to thank all in advance for all the information and knowledge I have already acquired and will acquire in the future. This site already has been a big help and given me a lot of guidance.

I have just emptied a totally green and murky AG pool and cleaned the liner, etc.. I am in the process of about to fill using well water. I have read the post about well water and did the test using 3/4 bucket of water and 1/4 cup bleach and that turned out fine. I do not have an Intex pool but have read the post on startup for it. I have Kem-Tech Dichlor on order from Amazon and I am about to go out and get the Borax and Bleach as suggested in the meantime. My question is about dosage. It states to add 2 doses, then 8 etc.. as pool fills. I searched and looked everywhere but could not find exactly what constitutes a dose of bleach during that process. Is it the full 3 quarts or a cup that equals a Dose? I know Adding to much will not hurt as there is no CYA to protect from burn off and will not last in the full sun for long, but at same time I do not like to waste and would like to be able to do it correctly.

I am a renter and the pool has not been used and taken care of at all before I arrived for quite some time. Was not covered over winter, etc.. I do not have the exact size information as of yet but I will work on that asap. If I had to guess it is a 24 x 4 but I really need to do some measuring. For now I was just hoping to fill pool as it will take some time with well due to cycling on/off to avoid pump burn out or drying up well. I would like to use the BBB method only but after a lot of reading it seems Dichlor is easiest way to get started when there is no CYA present from previous season. Then once level is good I can switch to bleach I believe. Sorry for the long post, hope I provided enough info to at least get started.

Thanks for your help!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Bleach Dose amount when filling

I know you found the bleach dose; is there anything else?

+ Reply to Thread