+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Starting over

Default Re: Starting over

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    If your cover is opaque, sample when you open it up for your moring test. The overnight test is really just to see if chlorine is being consumed by something in pool the and not just sunlight.
    Understood. When I get up at, uh hum, 11ish the sun has been out for what about 4 to 5 hours? That's a whole lot of sunlight when your stabilizer isn't working yet. lol I don't know how opaque it truly is, but when I lift it to put bleach in etc, it's pretty dark under there. So it has to be blocking it pretty good.
    15' x 48" round 4.4K gal Intex AG pool; Unicel Type C-5315 cartridge filter; Intex 633T pump; (24/7) Taylor 2006 kit; utility water; summer: ; winter: ; iPhone; PF:27

Question Re: Starting over

Welp, I only lost .5ppm chl last night and my CC is at 0, as it was all day yesterday! Woohoo. One more day/night of the shock level and I'm good.

So then what, besides test everything else............................

Saddens me to think pretty soon it will be time to take 'er down. I'm sure that's a whole nother process in itself to learn. :/

FYI getting up early stinks!
    15' x 48" round 4.4K gal Intex AG pool; Unicel Type C-5315 cartridge filter; Intex 633T pump; (24/7) Taylor 2006 kit; utility water; summer: ; winter: ; iPhone; PF:27

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

You're up way before 11...Haven't slept yet?

True that!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by RedwingT View Post
    Nah. Mornings are beautiful and cooler before it gets stinkin' hot where I live. Plus, when I sleep in (and I can't do it!), I feel like my day is too short. There will be plenty of time for sleeping later. For now, I want to be up and enjoy the days! (Sleeping 'in' for me is maybe until 7:15 or 7:30. When I am working -- teacher-- I get up at 5:30 to 5:45.)

I am a night owl, but I did sleep last night. 4 1/2 hours worth anyways! Had 2 appts this morning I had to get up for and they both canceled. Oh well, it's bout nap time! lol

I slept thru the alarm this morning, even had 3 Set 10 minutes apart! I am pitiful at getting up in the morning. It takes me about to xmas vaca when school is in to get use to having to get up and get my son off to school. lol I've always been this way & I doubt it will change anytime soon.

I do like being up before everyone else in the house thou. Sit back and relax with my coffee and enjoy the cooler morning. The day is shorter but for me it's more about bring on the night.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

One of my favorite things about holidays is shutting off the alarm at 5 and rolling over to saw logs for another 3 hours.

+ Reply to Thread