+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nature Two Pool System Versus Salt System

Question Nature Two Pool System Versus Salt System

Help Please!

I am building a new house and pool. My pool is about ready, I am having trouble deciding wether to put in a Nature Two System or Salt System. All I keep hearing from my pool guy is this new Fusion Nature Two is less work, less money etc. but all my friends have salt pool systems and love them. I live in Tennessee .

Does anyone out there have a Nature Two system and what do you think?

Billie

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: Nature Two Pool System Versus Salt System

To me, it's easy - Salt System if what you mean is Salt Water Chlorine Generator (SWCG).

The Pool Forum promotes simple, safe, and inexpensive chlorine sanitized pool care using readily available chemicals. Chlorine is one pool chemical that is consumed (most are conserved) and must be replenished. SWCG is one way to replenish chlorine that many find convienient - it seems to be similar in total cost to other chlorination methods.

I don't know what new Fusion Nature Two is but I suspect that it won't really be cheaper and such claims won't survive close examination. It is especially problematic is the system uses unknown or trade secret formulation or mineral (metal) as metals cause pool water problems and so do secret ingredients.

Unsolicited advice:
    The most important start-up chemical is a Taylor K-2006 test kit. Next is probably water.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    I don't know what new Fusion Nature Two is but I suspect that it won't really be cheaper and such claims won't survive close examination. It is especially problematic is the system uses unknown or trade secret formulation or mineral (metal) as metals cause pool water problems and so do secret ingredients.
    Dave, it's just an trichlor feeder + copper & silver. Essentially, it's a like having Rainbow trichlor feeder + a Nature2 copper cartridge combined into one unit.

Here's the page:
    http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/pro...-inground.aspx
    and the manual
    http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/pro...ds/SL2750.ashx

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Thanks Ben (I should have looked it up) now I do know what a Fusion Nature Two is.

billie:
    I still think SWCG is a better choice. Trichlor can be a valid choice for chlorination but can't be used as the only source of chlorine. It adds stabilizer as well as chlorine which is good to a point but as stabilizer level increases so does the required level of chlorine necessary to sanitize. Trichlor also tends to push pH down which would have to be brought up.

Copper can kill algae and silver can slowly kill some (not all) harmful bacteria. The Nature 2 system still requires chlorine for sanitization and oxidisation of stuff that gets in / is left in the pool. Silver and copper can stain pools and swimmers (copper makes fingernails and blonde hair turn green).

I don't believe that it would be possible to maintain extremely low chlorine levels with the trichlor feeder continuously increasing the stabilizer level. And since you'll need to chlorinate the pool anyway, I can't see how buying the copper / silver cartridges could save any money.

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Both copper and silver have very slow kill times so they do NOT allow you to run lower chlorine levels than without them. Copper and silver can both stain pools and copper is what turns hair green. Period!
    The Nature 2 'mineral' cartridges have to be replaced every 6 months (check the price on them if you think it's cheaper to operate) and contain silver nitrate (caustic and poisonous) and copper sulfate (poisonous and registered by the EPA as a pesticide). By calling these chemicals 'minerals' they try to make them sound healthful and benign. My advice is stay away and go with salt. All the Nature 2 will do is act as a very expensive algaecide that will keep the water from turning green. However, clear water is not always safe water and if you follow the principles taught in this forum you will not have green water and it will be safe water also! Proper pool maintenance is easy and can be very inexpensive.
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Ben,
    Nothing new. Zodiac has had combo N2/trichlor (Pro G Plus series for inground pools and Pro Plus A series for aboveground pools) units and combo N2/SWCG (Duoclear) units for years. They have just repackaged and rename them (and discontinued all the older ones) and are also now selling some of them under the Jandy brand.
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

To use the BBB method discussed in this forum is it required to have a SWCG?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

No. You do not have to have a SWCG. Most of our members do not including me, and all of the other moderators. A few of the support team people do, but it is not necessary.

+ Reply to Thread