+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Water Tech Blaster Pool Max Reviewed

Anonymous [GDPR] European in the UK Guest

Default Re: Vacuuming sucks...

Two years on and the Poolblaster Max CG is still working, I treat it with care as repairing is not really an option from this side of the pond. It is used all the time with the fine bag in otherwise it would just be a leaf collector. My pool 24ft x 12ft oval takes only minutes to nip round but at the start of the season with the silt that get through the winter cover it is only good for 40 minutes maybe 45 at max

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I'm on my 2nd one--the first went by the old name of "Pool Buster" like "Dust Buster". I suspect the "Dust Buster" people took legal action against Water Tech.

After a couple of years, the first one required a replacement battery/motor pack, ran for a couple more years and finally gave up the ghost. The new one, the Poolblaster, has been going strong for several years. I find it's better NOT to constantly recharge it but let it run down after each charge cycle, till it's nearly flat. I, too, use the fine bag. I haven't used a vacuum hose or a suction-side automatic pool cleaner in, I guess, 10 years. I've used the Pool Buster/Blaster and a robotic (first Dolphin then Blue Diamond) solely for all those years.

I believe I was the first person here at PF to purchase the original PB and I think it cost $200 at the time. Everyone, including me, expected it to be a hunk of junk and I was AMAZED at how well it worked, even with the original bag. Just used it yesterday, too.
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Teapot View Post
    Two years on and the Poolblaster Max CG is still working, I treat it with care as repairing is not really an option from this side of the pond. It is used all the time with the fine bag in otherwise it would just be a leaf collector. My pool 24ft x 12ft oval takes only minutes to nip round but at the start of the season with the silt that get through the winter cover it is only good for 40 minutes maybe 45 at max
    I have had 3 over the past three years. None latest for more than a few months. Just stopped working. How do you treat it with care? Do you add silicon to the plug before using it or did the plug already have silicon on it? They include a packet of silicon with the unit so I've often wondered about that. What about after charging? Reapply silicon?

I thought I also treated mine with care but they all stopped working. I basically gave up on them but they are so handy that I recently bought a Pool Blaster Catfish Ultra and am hoping to have better luck with it.

There seem to be few alternatives. Perhaps if one could use one of those units that attach to a hose but instead attach it somehow to the return outlet of the pool using an adapter of some sort. That way you wouldn't be adding cold water to the pool.

A replacement battery/motor pack is almost the price of a new unit.

They had these at Sams club last year for $89. I bought it for the hot tub as the kids friends are always bringing beach sand in (YUCK and for the pool shelf that the auto vac doesn't get too. The piece on the bottom broke off easily that keeps the garbage from coming back in, the system was NOT waterproof... I went through 2 of them before I wasn't using it (yes I returned 2 in 3 months)... It's ok for $89 but no way would I bother cleaning my pool with it. The automatic pool cleaners are worth every penney, I've had mine for 4 years and replaced $20 in parts.. Maybe for a kids pool but not an inground pool.

My experience has NOT been great.

I see Intex have a version out now, anyone used one yet? I may get one to test but my pool blaster is currently still working as I treat it well because it doesn't look the strongest product on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Teapot View Post
    Update July 2016.
    Pool Blaster developed a leak which has taken out the battery pack. I stripped down the cleaner to find water has damaged the two bearing on the motor shaft Because they are open bearings! On an under water product?? Water Tech are you mad?
    New sealed bearings purchased and fitted, I had to remove a little metal from the gear as the new bearings are slightly thicker than the nasty open ones. Now water tight again, just waiting for the new battery pack (seems a Tamiya RC battery pack will fit), seeing if I can fit a larger battery pack for longer running.

Friends have bought the Intex version and used it along side the Pool Blaster, does a great job!

+ Reply to Thread