+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Water Tech Blaster Pool Max Reviewed

Cool Water Tech Blaster Pool Max Reviewed

But seriously... I actually enjoy the process of vacuuming my pool (yes, I'm weird), and I think this comes partially from having a little bit of OCD when it comes to crystal clear water. However, the act of getting the hose out, submerging it, and hooking it all up is a bit of a chore. Add to that the fact that I usually have to clean out my big filter once a month due to my pool-noob move about 6 months ago which saw me lay sod and plants next to the pool - every time there's the slightest breath of wind, I get dirt, grass, and leaves in the pool. Yes, it will be going soon, and replaced with evergreen trees and astro-turf!

Anyway, I digress... I happened to receive one of those gadget-mailings, which my wife flicked through and came across something interesting. A vacuum for the pool. 'So what,' I hear you say, but this is a vacuum like you'd use in your living room, except for pools. You don't plug it into anything; it simply collects everything in its own 'bag'. I was skeptical, but went on to Amazon to see what the reviews were like, and there were about 3 different types, all of which had a minimum of 4-out-of-5 stars in the reviews. One had pretty much 5 stars across the board, and was only $150... I decided to give it a shot (I'm not going to mention the name in case anybody thinks I'm trying to sell my own product or something, but they're easy to find - search for 'hoseless vacuum').

One of the marketing Unique Selling Points was that it allows the lady of the house to effortlessly clean the pool when the man of the house isn't there. Now, this is a staggeringly sexist thing to state, but I must confess that there is some truth to it. When I'm away for a few days on business, I get home and the pool is filthy. It's not that my wife can't hook up the hose and vacuum it, it's just that there are more pressing things to be doing, such as looking after the kids, and so on. It's a sexist statement, but the truth of the matter is, vacuuming the pool is a time-consuming thing to do if there is only one of you home. This gadget promised to solve that problem.

And did it?

It arrived while I was, ironically enough, away on business. I arrived home to a pool that was utterly spotless for the first time ever. The device is lightweight, and has excellent suction. Because there's no faff involved with getting the hose out, it takes literally minutes to shove it on the end of your existing pool pole and suck up any bits of stuff that have sunk to the bottom. It's excellent, and I don't care which make or model you get, I highly recommend getting one. It also means I don't have to clean my big filter so often.

It also has a handle on the top of it so you can swim to the bottom of your pool and use it as a hand-vac, which is great if you're in the pool and spot a patch of dirt you missed! A full charge will give you an hour of vacuum time, which is a lot.

One of the best purchases I've made for the pool.
    Last edited by Orca; 08-19-2013 at 05:56 PM. Reason: clarify title

Default Re: Vacuuming sucks...

Ironically, I just picked one of these up yesterday. I actually got the broom instead of the vac for this year. I've dumped so much money into this pool this year I just couldn't go the extra. But it works and it works great! I just came in from using it and sat down to read at the forum and look what I found at the very top before my butt was on the chair 2 minutes!

I happened to be in the pool store to pick up stabilizer and was asking if there was a way to convert the Intex vacuum to go thru the filter instead of using a garden hose. I was informed that the pump was not strong enough to do such a thing which is what I suspected. BUT he says, I have these over here and I can't keep them on the shelf because many people like you are not happy with the garden hose method. He was out of stock but was getting a delivery the next morning so I put my name in for one.

When I got home I started ck'n round the net and his price was actually better than any other I could find, especially with having it in my hand in less than 24 hours. So, needless to say I am very pleased and quite frankly might just stay with the Broom for my smaller pool. You might not want to mention the name but I will. lol

Made by Water Tech. Look em up, there are 5 types for residential use. I had to put the brand out there because it was just SOOOO easy to use I don't want anyone to have to suffer with the pains of conventional vacuuming ever again! Granted this was the first time with it, but from that experience I give it a 10!
    15' x 48" round 4.4K gal Intex AG pool; Unicel Type C-5315 cartridge filter; Intex 633T pump; (24/7) Taylor 2006 kit; utility water; summer: ; winter: ; iPhone; PF:27

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Hm-m-mh. I actually started checking out this thread, to make sure y'all weren't shilling for a product company.

But, it looks like the products may well be as functional as you say; I check the Amazon reviews in some detail. Most were quite positive, and some of the negative ones seemed to be from folks who expected the vacuums to perform as well as a manual vacuum connected via a skimmer to a powerful in-ground pool pump.

There's been a lot of demand for functions these devices may provide, so I'm going to post links and then ask, as loudly as I can, if you get one of these, tell us how it worked out for you.

OK.

"PoolBlaster" is a the model name for a line of battery powered pool vacuum units made by Water Tech of New Jersey. Water Tech may to be an American company, but the products are probably Asian imports. (Contact info below)

There are 5 models shown on Water Tech's product comparison page; I've linked the three that seemed most relevant to me. The product links go directly to Amazon.

Water Tech BROOM Pool Blaster, Aqua Broom / YouTube video
    WaterTech BROOM page
    Pool Blaster BRFM Aqua Broom Sand and Silt Bag
    The BROOM uses 5 D-Cells, which can get expensive, so I've listed both alkaline and rechargeable batteries
    DURACELL D12 PROCELL Professional Alkaline Battery
    Rayovac ALD-12 UltraPRO Alkaline D Batteries, 12-Pack

Tenergy D 10,000mAh High Capacity NiMH Rechargeable Batteries, 8-pack
    Tenergy Advanced Universal Charger TN190
    Water Tech Pool Blaster Max / YouTube
    Water Tech Blaster page
    Water Tech POOLBUSTERCG Pool Blaster, Max CG / YouTube
    Water Tech Blaster Max CG page
    Pool Blaster PBW022MF Micro Filter Bag
    Pool Blaster PBW022SS Max CG Sand and Silt Bag

---------------------------------------------------

Water Tech Corp.
    (800) 298-8800 / http://www.watertechcorp.com
    10 Alvin Court, Suite 111,
    East Brunswick, NJ 08816
    (BBB file)
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 06-08-2014 at 08:01 AM.

No Shilling going on here. Just wanted to share the great experience I had with the product. It's easy to use, works well and is affordable. A great option to get away from the garden hose Method IMHO when it comes to the Intex pools. Obviously as Matt stated above, it works on other pool/spa types too.

Glad you posted the info for all to see PoolDoc!
    15' x 48" round 4.4K gal Intex AG pool; Unicel Type C-5315 cartridge filter; Intex 633T pump; (24/7) Taylor 2006 kit; utility water; summer: ; winter: ; iPhone; PF:27

LOL! Well, now that the mod has posted links, I will mention the one I got: Pool Blaster Max HD. I think it was $160 on Amazon, and I've had it for 2 weeks now. To be honest, I can't see me ever getting the hose out again. It works like a charm.

The one I saw in Hammacher Schlemmer was $269, but I can't see what the difference is between that one and the one I got.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Yeah. HS is known, I think, for elaborate 'high-tone' graphic, and also for very high margins.
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 07-29-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing the information about these products.

Also HS gives you a warranty for life (regradless of manufacturer's warranty). I tested it recently when my wife's iRobot broke after 4 or 5 years of faithful service. No questions asked - just send it back for a replacement.
    But as to the PoolBuster - I have hesitated to buy one because I keep reading that the housing is not waterproof (as it should be) and after a year the motor goes bad and/or the battery goes bad from water intrusion. And repalcement of those costs as much as a new cleaner.
    Hopefully the manufactuer will pay attention to these complaints and improve in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by mshumack View Post
    Also HS gives you a warranty for life (regradless of manufacturer's warranty). I tested it recently when my wife's iRobot broke after 4 or 5 years of faithful service. No questions asked - just send it back for a replacement.
    But as to the PoolBuster - I have hesitated to buy one because I keep reading that the housing is not waterproof (as it should be) and after a year the motor goes bad and/or the battery goes bad from water intrusion. And repalcement of those costs as much as a new cleaner.
    Hopefully the manufactuer will pay attention to these complaints and improve in this area.
    I did wonder how well these things are waterproofed, and also about the stress the little motor must be under the whole time it's running. However, because of the ease of vacuuming my pool with it (as well as not having to constantly clean the large filter), I figure that even if I have to buy a new one each year, $150 is worth it.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Matt and RedWingT,
    Please remember to come back to this thread in a year and give us an update on how the product is working. Maybe bookmark it so you'll be able to find it again.

+ Reply to Thread