Quote Originally Posted by Teapot View Post
Two years on and the Poolblaster Max CG is still working, I treat it with care as repairing is not really an option from this side of the pond. It is used all the time with the fine bag in otherwise it would just be a leaf collector. My pool 24ft x 12ft oval takes only minutes to nip round but at the start of the season with the silt that get through the winter cover it is only good for 40 minutes maybe 45 at max
Update July 2016.
Pool Blaster developed a leak which has taken out the battery pack. I stripped down the cleaner to find water has damaged the two bearing on the motor shaft Because they are open bearings! On an under water product?? Water Tech are you mad?
New sealed bearings purchased and fitted, I had to remove a little metal from the gear as the new bearings are slightly thicker than the nasty open ones. Now water tight again, just waiting for the new battery pack (seems a Tamiya RC battery pack will fit), seeing if I can fit a larger battery pack for longer running.

Friends have bought the Intex version and used it along side the Pool Blaster, does a great job!