My family installed an above ground pool (18' round x 52") approximately three weeks ago. About 2-3 days after adding the initial doses of the baquacil products the pool was crystal clear. Our local pool store recommended the following routine:
Baquacil Algicide: 1 oz. weekly
Baquacil Sanitizer and Algistat: 1 pint every 2 weeks
Baquacil Oxidizer: one gallon per month

The routine was running smooth until a few days ago. Hard heavy rains hit our area and our pool hasn't been clear since. It just seems cloudy, no apparent algae growth noticed. Have also checked for white mold but didn't discover that it was the problem.

We took a water sample to the pool store to see what the problem was. Everything was clear and the employee said that the water was perfect chemistry wise. The only problem is the water is still cloudy. By cloudy, I mean that you can see the bottom if you are looking directly into the pool. You cannot see it from a distance like you could after the first few days of us having the pool. However, the bottom IS visible - just very cloudy!
The pool store employee recommended Baquacil flocculant. We added that approximately 24 hours ago (at time of post) and there are visible white particles floating now when you look directly into pool. I plan on letting it settle some overnight and check the progress in the morning. There are some "clouds" of white particles that have settled on the bottom, but not as much as we had hoped for. I have also read online that unless the Oxidizer level is above 100, you will have cloudy water. Is this true? On the printout from the pool store the oxidizer level was 89. If I need to add more of that, it would be a simple fix! My family is new to having a pool and we are just really unsure of what to do at the moment...What do you recommend we do to get our pool back to crystal clear?? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!