+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Photo of making bubbles to lower the TA

Default Photo of making bubbles to lower the TA

Following the Ben's advice to lower the alkalinity of the pool water, I improvised my own method. It works well! I brought down the level, over the course of 4 days, from over 300 to 180. Still aerating and maintaining the pH at 7.2 or a little lower. It DOES rise during this process.

The most helpful thing I've learned so far is that this is a process that takes patience and diligence. Heavy on the patience.

Also, for the experts, I included a couple of pics of my pool pump for advice purposes. We were talking about where to put a pressure gauge.

[ PoolDoc note => pics moved to following post ]

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Photo of making bubbles to lower the TA

Before

- -

After

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Just joking. DChannes had an extra photo in his folder, so I included it too.

Guys, that method is fine, BUT do NOT let anyone in the pool while that pump is hooked up! Seriously!

LOL! Good one! Sorry about that extra photo...I had no idea that was in the album

I should mention, when I took those photos was the first day and I could not see the very bottom of the pool. The second day I could see the bottom just well enough to vacuum. By the forth day, it was very clear and I vacuumed again...VERY slowly and carefully. The fifth day(today), that pool water is crystal clear. Now it's just a balancing act with ph and TC mainly. The pool pretty much has to be monitored very closely til the TA comes down a little more. I've poured pretty close to a gallon of muriatic acid into the water in the last 6 days trying to keep the pH down. Is that too much? I wonder. I'm shooting for TA of 100 for some cushion. Then I think I can relax....but not too much . Still need suggestions!

I figured you could appreciate the pics and yes, you're right...DON'T swim in the pool with the pump plugged in!

David

As long as your pH is OK, and your TA is still dropping it's not too much muriatic acid.

+ Reply to Thread