+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sand filter for Temporary pool?

smitty78 Guest

Default Sand filter for Temporary pool?

[ ADMIN NOTE: This is an EQUIPMENT question from England -- think about what you post! ]

Hi guys,

First post.

Just a quickie to start. I'm looking to get a large temporary swimming pool for the back garden for summer, but not sure if I need a full power sand filter or is it only really worth it for a permanent swimming pool?

ta
    Paul
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 07-22-2012 at 06:53 PM.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Sand filter for Temporary pool?

Sorry, Paul,

But you'll have to describe the alternatives you have available to you, before we can offer any advice. A great deal of what's readily available here, is not available at all in England.

smitty78 Guest

No worries Ben,

Hairypaw has responded to my post, but it only shows in my email? Just saying that a sand filter will do the job I'm looking for and I've seen these online and in the shops over here so we should be fine.

Now if you can magic up some decent weather over here?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

I dunno; here in the southeast US, we're just finishing up 2-3 weeks of clouds and rain -- outlook if for another week+ of 30 - 40% chance of daily thunderstorms!

smitty78 Guest

Hah, sounds like you've got a case of English weather, still, makes the place look green!

I can vouch for the fact that the Chickamauga Civil War Battlefield, where we walk most days, is VERY green . . . and humid. I spent a summer in England, many years ago, and I don't recall any days when it was humid and 95 F (35 C), so I'm not sure it's much like what you're experiencing.

That year I was in Europe, I got rather tired of being asked to say "y'all" and listening to comments about our 'wasteful' air conditioning. Consequently, when I met lifeguards from Holland and England hired to work at various summer camps on some of the work exchange programs, I was a bit gleeful when I had a chance to watch them gasping like fish on hot pavement when they got out of the plane into Chattanooga's June heat and humidity!

smitty78 Guest

Cool Re: Sand filter for Temporary pool?

Yeah, we don't get the heat over here, in fact we're in the middle of summer now and it's 21 degrees outside and cloudy. Still, this time last year I was traveling through West Africa, so I'm aware of unbelievable heat, 4 showers a day stuff.

I lived in Martha's Vineyard years ago at Uni and that year started with me in Boston during January at about minus 10 and back in the same city in July when it was over 100 degrees, we don't get the same extremes in general over here although it did hit minus 18 where I live 2 year back.

Never thought about winding you yanks up about air con though, there's so many better topics to choose from!

Quote Originally Posted by smitty78 View Post
    Never thought about winding you yanks up about air con though, there's so many better topics to choose from!
    Must be that 'special relationship' at work!

+ Reply to Thread