+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Testing fill water

Default Testing fill water

So my test kit arrives in the mail for me to get out when I get off from work. I purchased the 2006c tester from the website. What should I test before filling my pool. They haven't started building it yet due to the wet soil here from the daily raining we have been getting. Hope they will be starting next week.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Testing fill water

Good job on getting the test kit and starting your pool off right--it's gonna make your life SO much easier!!

If you'll run a set of tests on your fill water, everything except CYA, we can help you get an idea of what/how much of everything you're going to need. Don't test for CYA, because there won't be any, and there's no need to waste the reagent.
    Janet

Ok so the full set of test minus CYA sounds good. Sure wish this ground would dry. It's hard to look at my backyard with the grass cut off and then box after box of pool stuff sitting in the yard waiting for install.

I would like to suggest that you take your fill water test sample from the garden hose or faucet that you'll use to fill the pool. If you test from the kitchen sink faucet and happen to have a whole house water filter/softener or sink water filter your results won't reflect reality. When you test from the hose, let the water run to clear the standing water in the hose until you get fresh water.
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

Thanks for the tip on using the hose for filling. Also just got home and opened the box on the new test kit and the whole bottle of DPD dust or powder is everywhere in the box. Still have one more small bottle guess it came with 2. Is this stuff needed for anything?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

YES! The FAS-DPD is the critical component in the test kit. It is used for the chlorine tests. Call them and tell them what happened and ask them to rush you a new kit. Also, ask them to send you a postage paid return label so you can return the defective kit to them at no cost to you. This is only the second time we have heard of this happening this year and we have recommended that hundreds of people buy it. OR ---- if that is the only thing wrong (and you don't mind cleaning the spilled powder out of the box), ask them to just send you replacement FAS-DPD powder.

I already cleaned up the mess but didn't figure I would get a replacement bottle. Guess I need to see if I can find a number to call them. Kinda gets to a nerve when you pay 100 bucks for something that's not right.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wonder when I will be approved to post without review?

EDIT by moderator: 2 posts waiting in queue were merged.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

When you ordered through Amazon, who was the seller of your kit? I have to say, after all the people we have sent to Amazon to buy this kit, having only heard of two kits that were delivered with an issue of any type is pretty impressive. I'm sorry it was your kit, though.

It was Swimming pool supply warehouse, the only thing that pulled up under your link WM

Also just went and looked now it's a new seller and cheaper then what I paid. Now its amato industries.

+ Reply to Thread